New song- Dreamlike feat CPM

• 25 Replies

Melusine2

• Open Mic
    • Crowdfunding Melusine Web Page
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 07:31:14 AM »
Hello, I'm listening while writing,  great job, I like this song !, modern sound, and progressive, the moment at 2mn is really great and at 3'30...Bravo

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 02:23:37 PM »
Hi guys thanks for listening....

@IronKnee
Hi Tom, thanks for your kind words on the lyric, glad you got something from it. I was trying to great an atmospheric feel to the track, so thanks for that!

@Melusine2
Hi,pleased with the modern/progressive comments, thats cool 8).I was looking for a big lift at the points you mentioned, seems like I got there maybe ;).

Cheers guys thanks for listening its always appreciated!

Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 03:58:28 PM »
Hi @Jamie This is a top quality piece. fantastic chord progressions as always. It sounds totally pro and your vocals are amazing  :)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 06:25:46 PM »
@pompeyjazz

Thanks John great comments, its always great to get positive feedback from musicians who 'get it'.

Thanks again!

Jamie

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 07:08:26 PM »
Great lyrics @Jamie - a super-interesting piece overall - so many lush parts and progressions. Completely grabs interest from the get go and holds all the way through. You really achieve that dreamlike mood you promise. Gave me a bit of Floyd feeling in parts. Very accomplished - fulfils its ambition fully. Very impressive stuff both of you!

Sullish

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 07:21:49 PM »
Really enjoyed this, took me straight back to the 80’s/90’s, Ultravox covering a Lightening Seeds song is what I could hear but then I do have a very strange ear. Loved it.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 03:43:21 PM »
Hi, thanks for listening!

@MonnoDB

Hi Karen, great review thanks. Yes I seem to have a problem writing short songs, so I’m glad it had enough going on to ‘carry’ your interest! Pleased to get the lyric mentioned, I’m pleased with it.

@Sullish
Hi , thanks for the great comments. Love midge Ure and ultravox! Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks again guys!
Cheers
Jamie

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 06:44:01 PM »
I really liked this - it is a really interesting piece

I think you have done a great job blending together a mix of "feels" with almost trippy jungle hihats with a more balad style vocal, which I think works well

I love the change of gear to the rocky feel

There were a dew sections that I felt got a little "busy", which I found a bit distracting as a listener but I could hear what you were going for

I think a re-mix would really make this sound epic - eg the drums were little "washed out". If these were a little more "punchy" it would give the track a more solid foundation to bring all of the different elements together

Overall though, I love the song
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2020, 10:02:48 PM »
@Boydie
Hi, thanks for listening. I am really pleased with the song and I’m glad you recognise the songwriting effort. I know my production skills are not useless, but nor expert either. Very kindly Rich @cowparsleyman has volunteered to re-mix and master it, so hopefully we can polish the song further. I’m happy with all the elements of the arrangement, if we can optimise it further I’ll be delighted!

Thanks again for listening
Cheers
Jamie

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2020, 02:57:31 PM »
Hi Jamie,

Lovely chord changes, so many great musical ideas and so atmospheric. Never a dull moment as this song keeps the listener interested throughout. Epic stuff indeed.

M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2020, 12:48:24 PM »
@montydog

Cheers Alan, glad you enjoyed it,I think its probably the best thing I've done so far..... ::). Pleased you got the atmospherics, I was a bit concerned it was too sonically 'busy'.

Cheers and thanks for listening!

Jamie