konalavadome

Practice Time

• 17 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: March 18, 2020, 10:08:14 PM »
Ah ! At least I've got no excuse to get my live reappearance together. Had to get my head around video recording today. Hoping to do a live song performance every few days. Love to all of you. Don't be shy if you want to contact me for a chat and we can chew the shit !

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 01:51:03 AM »
nice one john ..
enjoyed the song mate and good to see you in action ..
vid seemed a little out of synch but didnt matter
guitars a beaut too..
look forward to the next one..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 02:07:29 AM »
I think you might be a lot more braver than I am. I don't know if I could make myself post a video of me singing (except the one from 1983 from The Wizard of Oz)! I enjoyed this!

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:07:02 AM »
Haven't had a chance to actually watch the vid yet but I gotta say that guitar is cool AF.... 8)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 12:04:18 PM »
Nice stuff. It's only 33 years since I played live. I might just about do it in front of a camera (take 56 is usually my best).

Are you using tiny in-ear monitors! :-)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 08:57:25 AM »
Great to see you in action John.  I think I remember this song... did you post on the Forum a year or two back?  Love that soaring uplifting chorus. And yeah I've got to ask... are you actually singing live here and if so how have you mic-ed it so well to get the balance between voice and guitar?  Whenever I try and do that I get them out of balance.  Or maybe you are lip-synching and just perfecting the performance?  Which is equally cool - just curious.  Keep em coming... it is great to have this stuff when we can't actually go to gigs at the moment.
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 09:27:47 AM »
Ah ! @PaulyX This one was a bit of a cheat really as I was singing along to the backing track. I've actually now worked up to doing a "real" live track.... Hopefully get a new one out every couple of days !

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 10:21:30 AM »
@pompeyjazz - Great lyrics John, amazing sound, really like the song, I'd love to hear it on an acoustic, or a 12 string....

Rich

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 09:22:33 PM »
Loving these John.  The slightly psychedelic chords of "FUWar" are great and then "Fun of the Fair" sounds like something the Beatles would have played in The Cavern - brill, uplifting.  Great to see you playing live... and as above I'm still impressed by how you are balancing guitar and vocal volume - how have you got your voice miced up?  Are you just singing into your PC mic or something?
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 09:45:26 PM »
Hi Paul. Just playing totally live on all stuff now. I've got a little Roland cube amp which had some great FX built in then recording directly from my phone. No trickery involved which is great practice for me. Hope I'm not boring you guys too much ! Just trying to take people's minds off the current shit. Hang on in there brothers and sisters  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 12:09:14 AM »
Enjoyed them both, John...keep them coming!

I might have a look and maybe do a couple too...unless everyone talks me out of it...
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 07:01:30 PM »
Nice one John......I'd forgotten about this one.....The video is still on You tube....only 130 views.....

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 12:47:03 PM »
I really like that Harbour Lights tune in particular. Am I being thick, or are you ambidextrous @pompeyjazz? You seem to be playing a left handed and right handed guitar! Amazing! Well done anyway for entertaining the troops. We need it!  :D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »
Hi @MichaelA - That is weird indeed - It seems that it Landscape mode I'm playing a left handed guitar and portrait mode a right handed guitar. Who knows how that works - I'm right handed BTW  ;D