My New Album-"One More Time"

• 8 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: March 15, 2020, 03:15:20 AM »
I finally got the files straightened out and sent off for replication onto CDs today for an album of 12 songs. It's also available digitally, and anyone who helped me with any of the songs can have a free digital copy (if shipping isn't too bad, you can have a physical copy, too, but I think most of you live where it costs as much as a couple CDs to mail one).

You can hear the whole album free at https://soundcloud.com/caliamoko/sets/one-more-time. If you think you might have helped by reviewing any of the songs and you want a digital copy, send me a PM and I'll give you a code for downloading from vmgoble.bandcamp.com. Heck, even if you think you might have listened to one of the songs.... Then tell all your friends how wonderful it is and give them the link so they can buy their own copy.  ;D ::) :P

At some point, it will be distributed all over creation by CD Baby, but I have trouble following all their instructions and rules, so it's taking a while.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 09:25:47 AM »
Well done Vicki, bet your pleased. Just had a quick listen to one of the tracks, it sounds great.
Good luck with it
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 03:35:31 PM »
Well done, Vicki!

I'll be giving this a few spins over the next few weeks  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 04:45:39 PM »
Thanks, @Neil C @pompeyjazz @PaulAds ! If you want a copy to keep, let me know and I'll give you a download code.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 08:46:34 AM »
Hi @CaliaMoko i'm enjoying the album, good work! I've been sharing the Spotify link on my Facebook Page and other socials too.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 01:35:20 PM »
Thanks, Kev! I appreciate the promotion!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 02:07:59 PM »
Hi Vicki,
I've had a listen to the album and I think it's a very professional sounding release. The singing, playing and especially the tunes are great - you have a real gift for melodic invention. My favourite track is "Sissy Ain't A Bad Girl" and the others that stood out for me were "My Romeo", "My Blue Day", "Rescue Me" and especially "One More Time" which I think is exceptionally good. If I'm going to be critical I would say that the album as a whole lacks a little bit of variation in the instrumental palette you've used and the arrangements are a bit safe and predictable. That aside, it's a great achievement. I know how much time, inspiration, perspiration and sheer bloody hard work it takes to write, record and produce a whole album's worth of material so very well done!
Best wishes
Alan (montydog)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »
Thanks very much, Alan  @montydog ! That pumped me up for the day.  ;D  I have to say "One More Time" is my favorite--probably my lifetime favorite so far. And it was serendipitous because I try to reference time in my album titles in some way and that one was a no-brainer.

Boydie gets credit for all the playing and producing on this. I have enough trouble just writing and singing. In fact, one song I didn't write at all (except for the harmonies, if that counts) and I had co-writers on a couple others. And a "co-singer" on one. Working with others is a lot more fun than doing it alone, too.

Thanks for the comments about the room for improvement. I plan to try to address these areas in the next album which, I hope, will be out by October because--it's a Halloween theme for my first themed album.

And let me just edit this to add: Thanks a million for listening to the whole thing! I so seldom can make it all the way through an album. Not for lack of interest; I get a LOT of interruptions and then end up distracted. I forget what I was doing before the interruption.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 12:33:05 AM by CaliaMoko »