New job, new town, beautiful girl

• 15 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: March 14, 2020, 04:45:58 PM »
I'm on the eve of a new journey.  At heart, I'm a family man through and through but fate had different plans in store for me when my relationship of of 26 years came to an end.  I embraced a million changes in my life and was often driven by the heart of a romantic songwriter.  I had some great experiences and took several difficult wrong turns.  I always wanted to get back to being a family man again.  I've kept  a wonderful  relationship with my two boys who are now young men, busy with their own lives. My relationship with the boys will always be in place.  Back to the eve of my new journey, I'm working my last night shift tonight then after sleeping in the morning, my partner will arrive from Tunbridge Wells.  We'll finish packing and then make the drive to my new home in Tunbridge Wells on Monday or Tuesday.  I start my new job a week later.  Endings and beginnings bring out a multitude of feelings.  It's always sad to leave a chapter behind but I feel that my life is about to change wonderfully for the first time in many years.  I feel that's this is a move made from a strong position and I can't wait for the next chapter to begin. 

I must catch up on one or two promises made to people on the forum but hope you will understand that I've had a hectic schedule for some time. 

I'm listening to the Bruce Springsteen Album 'Western Stars.' It has been a wonderful comapanion for me over the last 6 months.  The songs speak loudly to me and the current one playing on Alexa is no exception. 'The Moonlight hotel' has captured exactly how I feel today, all of the sadness, excitement and yearning for something magical to happen.  I feel that for the first time in ages, I may well find the happiness that's I've been looking for.

Paul
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 04:51:37 PM by Wicked Deeds »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 05:05:39 PM »
Exciting times!

I really hope everything works out for you...and you still find the time to create more of those superb songs of yours 😃
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 09:49:13 PM »
You'll have to pop down to Brighton when you're settled in @Wicked Deeds Paul. I could pop over from Southsea and PaulyX and Bin are in the locality. I have a muso mate who lives in RTW, catching up with him in a few weeks time if we're not in lockdown. Moving from the North to the South is a strange experience and I only moved from the Midlands but still very much considered as a Northener. I'm so happy for you Paul. Embrace it and enjoy!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 06:12:53 AM »
Well, I'm home after my last night shift.  I never want to work permanent nights again. I must have aged 10 years over the last 12 months.

I'm off to bed soon.  When  I awake, today will be the first day of a lifetime that Marie and I will share together.  I'm certain that we are about to enjoy a wonderful life together.

@Paulads, thank you so much for your well wishes.  Maybe we'll catch up again one day in the A19 diner when I'm visiting my home town 😀

@pompeyjazz ,  I had already thought about catching up with some of the forum folk based in the South.  I've already met Bin in Brighton and I would love the opportunity to catch up wth you and the others once I'm settled in Tunbridge Wells. Thank you so much for your well wishes my friend.

I'm sitting alone in my house and soon, I'll be off to bed.  Once again, I'm listening to 'The moonlight Motel'. It's still stirring my emotions. I feel sad to leave the last chapter of my life behind but I really feel the next one, will be the best!

Paul

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 08:33:07 AM »
Yes welcome to the Deep South Paul! And to your new beginnings.
RTW is cool... I’m sure you’ll love it... and you have Ashdown Forest just down the road with some great countryside. Brighton is about 45 mins away so looking to meeting up sometime. Happy packing.
It's all too beautiful.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 11:52:25 AM »
Welcome to Kent!!

I am only up the road in Medway so can join in any meet ups 😄
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 01:00:41 PM »
a lot of welcome sunshine in your news paul..
and long overdue for you mate
all the best
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 10:11:03 PM »
All best wishes from me, Paul, good on you for wholeheartedly taking on the change. I think you’ve had your fair share of drama and it’s great to see things looking positive for you. Vive le rock ‘n’ roll!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 07:55:27 AM »
Well, I started to pack yesterday.  Mrs Deeds (to be)  arrived early evening yesterday.  We drove to the seaside to celebrate our first evening together. In a moment, I'm off for a quick shower then the packing begins again.  In the middle of this, I feel a calm and sense of peace envelop,me. I haven't felt that way for a long time.  @Boydie, @nooms , @adamfarr, this is a happy day and I will never take happy days for granted!! Thank you for your well wishes.

Paul

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 01:52:45 PM »
I am so happy for you, Paul. Your words have struck a chord with me. From time to time I have experienced the calm and sense of peace you described and I have learned, even when it seems it could never happen again--it can, and does. My best to you.

Vicki

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 11:31:38 AM »
@CalioMoko / Vicki thank you so much. @pompeyjazz, @PaulAds, @nooms, @adamfarr, @PaulyX, @Boydie- I arrived in the Southeast late last night after 3 days of packing. I'm currently in Crowborough but will be moving to Royal Tunbridge Wells at the end of the month. Today, l'm going to view the house that my partner has chosen for us. I saw it via video message only so am looking forward to that this afternoon. It was surreal arriving in Tunbridge Wells last night. We called into the supermarket for milk. Supplies on the shelves were badly depleted because of tge current crisis. That was weird but also, it felt strange to know I won't be going back to the northeast (except for holidays) and that this move is permanent. very exciting times here!

Paul

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 12:16:31 AM »
Someone once advised me to "have faith that things will work out for the best."  I suspect that's bad advice.  Things will work out how they work out, and we are tasked (not with having faith) but with making the best of how they DO work out. 

Sounds like you are making the best out of how things worked out, and I admire you for that. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 12:35:03 AM »
Congrats on your new adventure Paul  :) Sounds exciting and I'm very happy for you  :) Life is forever changing and as long as we except that,
I think we'll be OK  ::) Good luck  :)

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2020, 08:43:10 PM »
Paul,
Sometimes life just doesn't pan out as we expect, hope your new move and journey works out for you.
Keep the tunes coming,

Cheers
Andy