Coronavirus and creativity

• 28 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 10:18:53 PM »
Unprecedented and scary. This will be a shitshow, but if people go native it will get messy. Time to be sensible and not over react but take heed of the health advice given. Whilst it might seem that we are not acting fast enough, the strategy is to delay that peak of the disease.If it peaks, our service cant manage,take care and follow the advice.
Stay safe and take care.
Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 10:25:20 PM »
Too right @Jamie I had to do haemodialysis with Jeannie for a lot of years and hygiene was the number one.  See you on the other side guys xx

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 12:05:52 AM »
Just being sent home having got to France to ski. Have to say the holiday and transport companies really doing the biz, and people are pulling together :-)
songwriter of no repute..

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 01:27:27 AM »
It doesn't help that the media are helping to stir things up. They make out like they're experts but don't have a clue about anything except how to scare the shit out of people.

They contradict themselves all the time - first telling you one thing, then tellingyou the complete opposite (usually on the same day and I've seen articles next to each other totally contradicting each other!).

And a lot of the medical "experts" are just as bad. They're contradicting each other just as much so who do you believe? I'm sorry but, unless they're experts in the field they should shut up and stop muddying the waters. Just because you've got a medical degree doesn't necessarily mean you know shit about this.

And don't get me started about the arseholes on social media flogging their at-best pseudo-science slash at-worst complete and utter bullshit about how to keep yourself safe...

/rant

...and breathe. :P

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 03:05:40 AM »
Cowparsley daughter was in Boston airport last night waiting for her flight home, there was a guy with a Wellie jammed on his head...honestly that’s true.

Rumours that Boston will be ring fenced like that area of NY soon.

Must go now to pick her up.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 07:14:10 PM »
Got a photo of boot man, if anyone wants it, astonishingly gnome like

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 08:29:34 PM »
Was the boot supposed to be a protective measure or had the guy just taken a massive break down?

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 08:31:58 PM »
@cowparsleyman

Does welly boot man know that rubber doesn’t have the same effect on coronovirus as it did on STD’s?

Cheers

Jamie

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 09:17:37 PM »
Pinch of salt time...and this is just something I read and found interesting that I'm trying to relate in my own ham-fisted way...

Around 7,000 people across the world have died with coronavirus...this World Health Organisation pdf suggests that approximately as many as 100,000 people may well have died because of influenza in the same period...which would make coronavirus around 7% as deadly as 'flu.

https://www.who.int/influenza/surveillance_monitoring/bod/FAQsInfluenzaMortalityEstimate.pdf?ua=1

From this article...

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/16/panic-pandemic-why-are-people-who-should-know-better-buying-the-covid19-hype/

Wikipedia editors seem to have been very busy revising the death rate of the 1918 Spanish flu outbreak down. It almost begins to look like they are trivialising that to make this look much worse than it is.

Other opinions are available 😃
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 09:53:02 PM »
Smart work Paul. I'm sure that other folks have been googling stuff about past pandemics. I usually shop on Monday morning as everywhere is very quiet but today it was like Christmas Eve without the Stollen. I'm totally bemused by BJs approach. Sure he doesn't want to cause total panic but saying stuff like "should probably not" will probably not reflect on him too well in the future
Meanwhile,  local pubs are posting stuff on T'Internet like come on in as long as you haven't got a cough and enjoy a few pints with us.
Having an emergency meeting tomorrow to discuss how we feed the homeless guys during all this shite. Big love to all and spread the love through music and positivity xx

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 10:32:55 PM »
@PaulAds  @

Good discussion guys!

One of my best mates who is a very bright guy sent me a link to an article about this and it is the scariest thing I’d read about it. I googled the writer and he’s a psychologist selling online training. A publicity hound. If you look hard enough you’ll find plenty of scary stuff. As I understand it Covid  19 is more deadly because it is more infectious than normal flu. The world has had 100 years of experience with normal flu, meaning the will be antibodies circulating and there are vaccines  which many people who are in the most at risk category have had . Also, the death rate for it is 3 times the average for all ages for flu,and 6 times the average for those most at risk, ie over 60.
My niece is a doctor and she says she is scared, as I am.
Don’t underestimate this..........

Jamie

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2020, 06:43:59 AM »
@cowparsleyman

Does welly boot man know that rubber doesn’t have the same effect on coronovirus as it did on STD’s?

Cheers

Jamie
Will we see giant condoms on heads?
Or miniature boots on...maybe not.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2020, 04:06:13 PM »
@pompeyjazz - Yeah, the plight of the homeless is never far from me, I saw 2 homeless guys in about 1970 tearing each other apart under Blackfriars bridge over a piss stained mattress in the tipping rain in the depths of Winter... taught me so much.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
Working from home now and it looks like I'll be doing so for a while. Just told my dad I'm not playing darts tonight and he said neither was he - we're both type-1 diabetic and he's just hit 70. I'm one of the most laid-back people you could know regarding these things but even I would rather be safe than sorry. I'd like to be around long enough at least to hear Boydie finish off my song (I can die happy then and only then!). My wife is also diabetic and she's petrified for the both of us - especially me (I coughed twice today and she was positive I'd caught the damn thing!). She does have reason though - ever since I picked up that infection in my toe (that took about 4 months to get rid of) my health has been poor and I've been picking up colds like nobody's business.

Still. I plan to live forever. Either that or I'll die trying...