Anna meredith

• 7 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: March 17, 2020, 10:32:59 PM »
At the weekend I watched the bbc radio 6 festival, a lot of it was a bit cringy,,dull, and not that interesting.i watched Anna Meredith and her band play an instrumental song called paramour.Anna Meredith is a scottish classically trained composer who has had classical pieces played by major orchestras. Now this won’t be for everyone,but give it a go. Go to YouTube and watch the offficial video for Paramour by Anna Meredith and if you love complex music and arty videos you won’t be disappointed.
Jamie

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 12:43:37 AM »

loved it jamie.. terrific
what great idea
i added a link

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 09:01:02 AM »
Cheers @nooms

Brilliant musicians and the imagination and execution of the video is outstanding.Glad you enjoyed it!

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 09:02:46 AM »
BTW Anna Meredith is the clarinet player and the one who hits the cymbal and turns away from the camera.

Jamie

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 04:00:50 PM »
I make a point of not watching a video with music..I'm thinking music should stand up without a vid..this track certainly stood up loud and clear..just loved it :)
I actually started to watch some of the stuff from the BBC radio 6 fest but soon got bored with it...
after listening without the vid I watched with the vid and for the life of me I can't figure out why they thought this amazing piece needed a video featuring a toy train set..LOL...not a fan of vids with music as you've probably guessed.. ;D

thanks for pointing this piece out Jamie, I would've missed it because I didn't fancy trawling through the other rubbish...
@Jamie
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 07:00:51 PM »
@shadowfax

Hi Kevin, I hear you mate ;). I agree the music does stand up on its own, but I thought the video was so inventive especially as they managed to arrange all the key parts to coincide with the train passing by in real time. Very clever. But she’s an amazing composer, and the musicians are phenomenal. Glad you enjoyed it!
Cheers
Jamie

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 12:05:49 PM »
Ugh sorry everyone, I had to put this one into the category of more interesting than enjoyable. But that's my problem!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 08:51:45 PM »
@adamfarr
No problem Adam, there’s plenty of music around I’d put into the same category....
Just thought it was a little different

Cheers
Jamie