Soundcloud ads

• 3 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« on: March 10, 2020, 11:09:52 AM »
Just been on Soundcloud and  had to listen to a 40 second ad and then a 20 second ad before listening to a forum member's linked track. (Sadly, on this occasion, it wasn't worth the wait.) But far too much ad time anyway!

I know these guys have to make money, but multiple ads that you can't skip just annoy me. At least introduce an ad free option. Anyway I ended up totally muting the second one, and can't remember the first one due to swearing throughout its duration. ...They don't seem to have an easy to find contact button either. So I am venting here. Join in if you like - unless you are Soundcloud's social media manager, in which case do something!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 01:01:32 PM »
I am with you dude,

That is the single reason why I hate Soundcloud and dont get obsessed about plays and likes etc, we use reverbnation, its old but at least "real" people go there to Listen and enjoy your music. Also the pro version of Soundcloud offers very little for quite a bit of money. I dont get it.

Yeh I am on it but its just another streaming place for me...But hey if its for you, who am I to judge.

Cheers
Andy (AtticVibes)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 11:01:26 PM »
@MichaelA  ,hit the 'refresh page' button and this will kill the ads.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 05:37:20 PM »
Hi @Skub , thanks for that suggestion. Why didn't I think of that?  ::)  ;D

Cheers Andy, @Cawproductions. You know if Reverbnation just invested a little in their interface I'm sure they could the next big (old) thing.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860