SoundCloud Fake Followers??

• 5 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: February 22, 2020, 04:55:29 PM »
I just acquired a bunch of what I consider fake followers on SoundCloud. Some of them listened to some music. I don't know how many seconds any of them listened--does SoundCloud report that? I don't see it in my stats. Anyway...my question is:

What do you do about these fake followers? Do you ignore them? Block them? Report them? If so, where or how? Does anyone actually follow them back?? I'd like some good input so I can decide if I should do anything about them or not.

Oh, and to clarify what I mean by fake followers, when you look at their page, it may say "Buy Real SoundCloud Followers SoundViral.com" Or "Free Promotion Get 500 Plays Now". That kind of thing.

Thanks!
Vicki

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »
Hi Vicki - Yeah - get loads of them  ;D They usually pop up about a minute after you post a new track with a link to a promo site for fake Soundcloud followers - Why would anybody want to do that ???? They usually stop following you after a few days as well. I saw a SC user recently who had a few tracks released. Their listens were 3020, 3018, 3024, 3007 and 3012 - Obviously they had paid for 3000 fake listens  ;D ;D

I also get quite a few spam comments along the lines of "support this dude tevil bloom before he blows up,Pompeyjazz check his insta & soundcloud you'll see what i mean"

Just ignore em  ;D ;D ;D

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 11:43:38 PM »
Thanks, John. Ignoring them was my plan, but I wondered if there was any benefit to blocking them. I won't worry about it

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 03:10:26 PM »
+1 pompeyjazz...i always smile at these desparados, as afar away from the values of our forum as one can possibly get.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »
I seriously don't get why you'd want to do that. I mean, you're not really fooling anybody and all you're really doing is cheating yourself. Yes, we'd all love to have lots of views but most of us would prefer to come by them honestly because that way they actually mean something to you. I'd rather have the zero subscribers and handful of views I've currently got on my YouTube channel than a few thousand fake ones that make it look like someone was interested because I know if somebody DOES like/subscribe then it's somebody who actually wanted to. I'd get a warmer feeling inside and feel better about myself.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »
Just block the barstewards.. ;D 8)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!