konalavadome

First Night

• 21 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 10:22:34 AM »
Great storytelling, lovely details and descriptions. The way you (both) sing "to have your life, part of mine?" is especially beautiful. Such a relaxed and peaceful picture.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 12:47:25 PM »
Hi Suzy, really nice and interesting to hear your style from a few years back. It does sound quite a bit more mainstream for you, but there are hints are what was to come with the densely written lyrics and the double vocal technique. I think it suited you, that more stripped back and chilled out mode. It's a lovely song for Valentine's, very wistful and charming. I enjoyed it very much  ;)
thanks Michael, much appreciated. glad you found it charming an wistful. I did write a lot of songs that were quite mainstream when I first started out. It wasn't till I discovered how I could produce songs in garage band with so many other instruments that launched my rather unconventional song writing career. Lol!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2020, 03:08:35 PM »
Hi Suzy,
Shades of "Summer The First Time" by Bobby Goldsboro. This is more conventional than your later songs but there is nothing wrong with that. I like the interplay between the two lead voices - almost Sony & Cher-like or perhaps the Mama & The Papas. In fact the whole thing has a late 60's summer of love feel to it particularly the flute part. A lovely confection of a song.

M

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2020, 07:33:35 PM »
Well thats a really beautiful song Suz!!! Its got such a gorgeous melody all dressed up with some sublime, beach boysesque harmonies.😁👍🏻  i love the random zap Sfx before the recorder solo. Really Well done mate....and btw...you two sound great together.🎶👍🏻🎶

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 12:32:01 PM »
Awesome tune, and wonderful harmonic work!
It's been said already but a real feel of the 60's/70's folk here.
At first I kinda felt Joni Mitchell but to be honest, on second and third listen it is far more CSN&Y.

I have nothing to say in regards to improving on this, to be honest. It's a very well constructed and executed piece. If I was to do anything to it I would add a very gentle flute. I feel the voicing of a flute would blend beautifully with the harmonies. But that's about the only thing I would add, and it's perfect without it.

Love it!
thanks so much for your lovely comments DCJ. CSN&Y...thanks! I like the idea of adding a flute to blend with the voices.

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 02:37:08 PM »
I don't think I can add to what's already been said (nice vocals, nice laid-back style, good structure, etc). Liked it very much.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 12:57:20 PM »
Suzy,
Like the honest stripped back feel of this, lyrically and just how the whole thing feels.
With a lovely easy going, hippy vibe. Love the flat flute solo too.
With Do do do do do's, sound Fx and stuff!
:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..