konalavadome

Welcome to Greece

• 13 Replies

atreu73

• Busker
« on: February 05, 2020, 01:58:44 PM »
Hey everyone. This is a song I wrote about my rich in history but poor in everything else, country.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 01:21:33 PM »
@atreu73 - Well this was entertaining, loved the message, full of Greek passion, some interesting vocal embellishments, that kind of made the piece for me. the chorus was really strong, great ending

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 11:35:28 AM »
Hola @atreu73

Your country is still rich in history, the example of a few years ago resisting the Troika .... It was wonderful to see it from a country as subdued as mine.
Going back to your song ... I was surprised and liked it, it has that symphonic rock point that I like and the choirs give it a great strength.
I have not understood all the lyrics but I like the concept ... And I loved the end !!! beep beep beep

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 10:50:17 AM »
Welcome :) I quite like this track throughout, but I especially love how it builds into 'Welcome to Greece boys'! that's a very powerful part when it kicks in, and the fade out is lovely  8) Great vocals! Greece Looks like such a beautiful country. I would like to visit someday  :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 11:42:05 AM by crystalsuzy »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 11:12:45 AM »
I enjoyed this. Don't know where anyone stands on politics really...but I read Yanis Varoufakis "and the weak suffer what they must" recently and enjoyed that too...as I was listening to this, I couldn't get the vision out of my head of some top European Union Official saying to the German banks

"You are welcome to Greece"

Great country with an awful lot to be very proud of...and a very good song.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 12:38:55 PM »
Great guitars and vocal ideas. The chorus is really passionate and quite angry and provide great contrast with the subdued verses. The double vocal is fascinating and gives this track real personality - although I did hear some distortion (clipping?) in the louder sections which didn't sound as musical.
Great song (and really interesting topic explored in a very original way)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 03:47:42 PM »
@atreu73 Hi, very good song, enjoyed it a lot. My nephew has been going out with a Greek girl from Corfu.We were recently discussing the Elgin marbles, she would agree with the sentiment of this song too!
Nice one!

Cheers
Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »
Hi @atreu73 Welcome to the forum. Good to have you on board. I like what you've achieved here. The little vocal dabblings are pretty effective in holding the attention. Clever lyrics. Well delivered and performed.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 11:23:07 AM »
Hi @atreu73, I seem to have visited Greek islands every other summer for the last 20 years or so, and its such a naturally beautiful country. So its sad that there's been human strife - money and politics, which doesn't sit well against that lovely canvas that Mother Nature provides. So I like your controlled slightly angry song, which is quite dramatic and with a nice pay off too with the hook. Would be good to hear more of your work in the future.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 06:18:22 PM »
Cool. Maybe because it's about Greece, I thought of Vangelis, the stuff he did with Jon Anderson. Excellent song. Over too soon. 😊

atreu73

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 10:58:26 AM »
Thanks for listening everyone. I don't want to get political but let's just say that the situation in Greece is a bit more complicated than my song would imply. You rip what you sow.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 11:10:57 AM »
Lots of passion in this! Can you post the lyrics? I loved the vocal delivery. And the beeps at the end that sound like a heart monitor stopping... very symbolic. Clever stuff.
It's all too beautiful.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 01:25:12 PM »
Hey @atreu73

I love how this builds and builds and then rolls off at the end. I think structurally that's great and at it's peak your vocals are brilliant (they are throughout put particularly then :)) I think it's a really nice song and I very much enjoyed the listen!

Only constructive feedback I can give is on the doubled vocal and that it could be a little tighter, but that's a nit pick!

I got a Bowie feel from some of the vocal lines. Great tune :)

atreu73

• Busker
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 11:06:34 AM »
Thanks for listening everybody.

The lyrics:

I’ll defect to the south you say
I’ll defect to the lovers
To the church of the living waves
To the sound of the sea

I’ll pluck apples from the swaying tree
I’ll defect to the summer
Where all borders are drawn