Ever write a "thank you" note to your favorite musicians?

• 2 Replies

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« on: February 04, 2020, 05:25:18 PM »
I found one of my favorite musicians on Facebook today. And while I would never presume to send him a friend request, I did want to let him know that his efforts were appreciated. To protect his privacy, I will not reveal who it is but I wanted to share the content of the letter with you:

"You don't know me and I won't bother you with a friend request. You don't even need to respond. Just wanted to let  you know that you are the favorite-ever keyboard player of at least one person... me.
Hope you are well. And thank you for contributing so much to some of my all-time favorite music."

Do you think it was even presumptuous to send this note, or would you have appreciated it if it were you? Did I step over a line?
He is moderately famous, at least among certain circles, but certainly not a household name. It was via Facebook PM to his personal page.

Thoughts?

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 07:06:01 PM »
What a nice idea. I might try it. Not sure. I don't think I would use a PM on Facebook though, unless there's a "Contact Me" button on his professional page. I doubt busy people ever review the message requests from people they aren't connected to. I could be wrong. Maybe they have staff who do that, in which case they would probably get a copy of the thank you note.

I think I'm going to do that, though. I know one I'd love to thank for her music! Thanks for the idea. :D

Vicki

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 03:20:50 PM »
Indeed yes, I wrote a thank you note to Bill Nelson, he never replied, but might have managed a session with him via my old Producer mate, but nothing ever came of it.