Washburn Rover RO10 Travel Guitar

• 5 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: January 27, 2020, 05:55:35 PM »
Gear4Music have a special offer on this little baby of a guitar for £99 and mine included a padded carry case as well. Just got it today and it's a great little instrument if you are travelling etc etc.

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Washburn-Rover-RO10-Acoustic-Trans-Red/2KQR

Cheers

John

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 03:47:14 PM »
John,

Just right for the van, but maybe a touch small for me..

:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 04:34:22 PM »
Great idea, my version of this a guitar a friend gave me donkeys years ago, my daughter used to put it on the floor, sit on the top, one leg either side of the neck, hold on the neck with both hands and drive about the lounge... i then took a sander to it...so its ok to  use on the beach or busking.

Like @Cawproductions said that would be a tad small for me, although i do like SG’s

@pompeyjazz how does it play?

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 04:55:56 PM »
The neck is full size but the body is tiny. The sound is slightly tinny, more like a banjo sound but I've bought it so I can take it away in the camper when I go travelling in the summer. It plays pretty well  :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 08:57:37 AM »
I bought a Little Martin about three years ago. Like your guitar, @pompeyjazz, it's so easy to carry around I've ended up using it as the starting point for about half the songs I've written since then.

Being quieter than most guitars, due to smaller body, it's really easy to sing over and concentrate on melody ideas, without having to vocally compete with anything louder. So I reckon it's been a big songwriting plus. Cheers!  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz