konalavadome

If I Gave You More (a construction around forgiveness in six parts)

• 6 Replies

skogge

• Open Mic
« on: January 25, 2020, 01:02:28 PM »
Hi. My name is Jonas and I guess I am the worst member of this forum   ;D
I am seldom here nowadays. I haven´t reviewed other peoples songs in ages so if I get no feedback on this I will not be surprised!

Anyway. Just finished a song. It has taken me like forever both because of complexity and lack of time. This time I also said to myself that I would not give up util I was satisfied with the mix. I didn´t.

The song is about being an a-hole when you were young and asking for fogiveness now because you yourself if feeling bad is not making things any better.

Link: https://soundcloud.com/skogge/if-i-gave-you-more-a-construction-around-forgiveness-in-six-parts

Lyric:

I couldn´t care about your problems
I never saw your wounds
or if I gave you more
Never visited your world and saw
what it would give to you
as I hurt your wings…

…as I made it sting

And if you prefer
that I would burn
I would understand

Aaaa…

Now I care about your problems
as a thorn behind my eyes
well… it came as a surprise
You said I am on the good side
but how I screamed around that fence
But as the wound grows in me too
I might just come around to see
what I did to you
and how I wanted to
be cruel.

How are you now?
How do you feel?

If setting me on fire
is a way to save your soul
I´m making you a promise
I am never growing old.

How are you now?
How do you feel?

(reply)
I know you were a little obsessed by me
but I thought it wasn´t going to last
Here I am now 30 years on
and you just put me in the past      x2

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 05:26:19 PM »
Hi Jonas,

Nice intro build.
Love how the synths build at various times.

Great early 80s feel to it - Visage/Kraftwerk maybe some Alphaville.

I enjoyed it.

Digger

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »
Hi, I liked the intricacy of the synth parts, lots of ideas there. Nice piece, must have taken a while to construct.
Enjoyed it.
Cheers
Jamie

skogge

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:22:11 PM »
Thanks for the undeserved comments! Yes it took a long time to write and make arrangements, and then I also had to mix all the parts and sounds but I am really happy of how it turned out. Feeling I am finally getting there...
Thanks for listening <3

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 10:33:33 AM »
No judgement on this forum Jonas, so you're not the worst member, even if you want to be  ;)
this is a very interesting track. so much going on with all the different instruments  ::) It seemed a little all over the map
on the first listen, but now that I've listened several times, I'm quite liking it, especially when the two vocals lick in around 1:35  8)
The outro reply bit is really appealing to my ears and would like to have heard the female voice come in sooner in the song, but worked as is too :)
A lot of work has gone into this track and I hope you get some more reviews  :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 05:55:37 PM »
Hi Jonas. Great to hear this from you. Smart rhythmic synth based little ditty - Some fabulous synth sounds. What synth / vst(s) are you using ? It's a clever song which swings in quite a few unexpected different directions. Liked this a lot

skogge

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 09:27:36 PM »
Hi crystalsuzy and a big thanks for the effort of digging yourself into this one, and finding doing that worthwhile <3 Yes, the ending part is my fave as well. That is Anna, my partner, who´s singing that part and she also really want´s to come in earlier in the song but this is how it came about so there´s not so much to do about that! :D

The only VST:s on this track are the strings and the drums. Both from Logic X. "Drummer"... wow…
The rest comes from different types of hardware, mainly the Behringer Model D and the Korg Arp Oddyssey. There are also some Rolands. Juno 106, Juno 1 and the JX3P. Yamaha CS5 is in there somewhere. Some digital synths also in the form of the Yamaha DX100 and Casio VZ1. And some other random stuff. Yeah, the delay is the Dynacord VRS-23 analog delaymachine. Thanks for enjoying the song you both <3