konalavadome

"Quip"

• 10 Replies

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« on: January 15, 2020, 08:52:26 PM »
I have not commented on anybody's songs in a long time, so I understand if this post sinks to the bottom of the page without a single comment. Still, I wanted to see if I could get some thoughts on this.
It's just a rough draft scratch recording made as we were writing it, or right after we wrote it. And it definitely needs some polishing, compositionally.

https://soundcloud.com/poptodd/quip/s-k4gkc

Again: if anyone has any desire to give a quick listen and feedback, that would be great.
I won't hold my breath.

Thanks.

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 12:57:48 AM »
It’s a nice melodic song and it sounds like it’s got a lot of potential depth. Didn’t get much of the lyrics but I like the phrase “another damn chorus” (if that’s what it is). Looking forward to hear it develop. Well in Mr Todd.

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 01:56:58 PM »
It’s a nice melodic song and it sounds like it’s got a lot of potential depth. Didn’t get much of the lyrics but I like the phrase “another damn chorus” (if that’s what it is). Looking forward to hear it develop. Well in Mr Todd.
Thanks so much! And yes, that is the phrase. Glad you like it.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 01:18:37 PM »
Hey @PopTodd

It's a great start! I get that it's a rough take, so plenty of room to develop and I hope you do! There's bit at 50 second to about 55...the guitar run....I'd like to hear more of this in a final version as I think it really helps to break up from the verses and chorus. There's so many ways you could go here which is exciting - I would definitely experiment with structure - in my mind I think it'd be quite neat to have the '50 second' section (as I have decided to call it :P) at the end as an outro but this just be me thinking out loud :P

Look forward to hearing this develop and keep us posted :)

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 05:15:39 PM »
Thanks Darren!
Yeah, I do want to use that guitar part a little more; that part was the genesis of the song in the first place.  And using it as an outro/fade-out is a great idea.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 06:59:54 PM »
@PopTodd ,

There's enough happening here to hear how your you might develop the production. Some interesting chords  and enjoyable harmonies. There's a strong Beatle influence too. It's quite cool really. Time to dress it up in the studio I think!

Paul

Inanité_sonore

• Open Mic
    • Black Gift Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 09:05:15 PM »
Hi,
I also think you have a very good foundation here. The melody progresses well and is very interesting. The voice is quite good, even if in the high notes I feel that it's a bit strong sometimes, it's a question of tonality or recording, in my opinion. I like the energy you give to the acoustic rhythm.  Some things still need to be worked on to improve the fluidity but it will be easy in my opinion  ;)

IS

My project "Black Gift" :
listen the album and buy CD & vinyl :
https://blackgift.bandcamp.com/releases

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/black_gift/tracks

Inanité Sonore Records :
https://soundcloud.com/user-24297189

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 10:37:21 PM »
Hi Todd, I really like the guitar sound and chord sequence, maybe loses it's way a little towards the chorus but anyway it's good

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 08:33:09 AM »
@PopTodd Sad to see this has disappeared on Soundcloud. Are you doing another version?

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 01:50:11 PM »

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »
And I thought that this topic had fallen off the board. Thanks for all the feedback!