Stealing aloud nature abound
Dark muses guiding me
Heaven or not, taking your shot
Getting along with me

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 11:04:39 AM »
@atreu73 - The title captured my imagination..very interesting song, indeed, some innovative use of synth, completely original, just when I'm reeling from one discordant thing the next comes along, so clever and brave, a couple of 'off beam' LVox and popping 'p's.

I like it, although It's not my thing, some excellent ideas.

Welcome to the forum

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 11:34:05 AM »
Hi Atreu,

Very hippy trippy - no bad thing.
Nice blend of synth and acoustic. Love the synth that drips down.

Not hooky in a pop music sense (which it evidently isn't trying to be) - but it does draw you in whilst you listen.

Creative and very interesting work.

Digger

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 11:34:27 AM »
This is really creative - carves its own path with some production touches I haven't heard before, like those echoing, plinky-plonk guitar lead flourishes... I thought they worked well.  The whole thing is equal parts pretty and equal parts off-kilter / unsettling. It seems to plug into ancient folk influences as well.  I think it will take a couple of listens to get my head around it fully but as first listen I found it fascinating.  Intriguing lyrics too - no cliche or cheap rhymes, a bit oblique so I'm not really sure what it is about but some arresting turns of phrase ('brandishing your evening clothes', 'their flesh, our crown').  I'd be interested if you did have a particular story or message in mind when writing it and would be happy to share that (cool if you don't want to share, or wanted it to be more of a collage of words, but I wonder what it is about).  Oh, and welcome to the forum indeed, hope you like it here.
It's all too beautiful.

atreu73

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 09:56:12 AM »
Hey, thanks everyone for listening and wow I didn't expect to have such elaborate analysis on my song. The story is about the unending war for more resources.
Thanks again.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 05:22:51 PM »
Full of imagination and some great ideas. I liked the synth work - some unexpected touches which kept it interesting  :)

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 11:43:05 PM »
Definitely some interesting sounds & combinations happening here, honestly I just
couldn't find a part to latch onto and maybe that wasn't the intent at all which is perfectly ok.  :)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 02:27:06 PM »
Really intriguing - there's something timeless about this - could be from any time or all times rolled into one. The guitars have a harp-like tone which adds to this. Lots of mystery and apprehension, to me it's very successful in transmitting those emotions and moods and taking us into a different world.

pnb99

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 07:28:36 PM »
I’ve listened to this song about 5-6 times.

There are some really compelling elements in this track, particularly in the vocal parts.

Theres almost an African style chant going on rhythmically.

I felt the section in the middle could be a little shorter and then return to the main vocal hook. Thats what I really wanted to hear more of that…and it never returned :-(

I felt some os the discordant sounds were slightly distracting and also that you might benefit from de-essing the vocals a bit more and compressing to equal out some significant differences in levels across the tracks.

Anyway, a really interesting track, very creative and original and overall I really enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing your music with me.

Paul

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 01:48:37 PM »
Hi, some really interesting ideas and many parts well executed. For me it was a bit marmitey. I really loved some parts and not so much others. The vocals and lots of the playing was cool, but some of the discordant parts really took away from the song for me. Very interesting though 8).Enjoyed the listen.

Cheers
Jamie