konalavadome

SURPRISE

• 11 Replies

Dom Hunt

• Busker
  • Find what you love,finding yourself will follow
« on: January 05, 2020, 04:54:44 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/dom-hunt-2/1-surprise

All I want to say is its fast, Loud and Hard.

When you say you don't care
At least don't say it
When you know you're gonna go
Send me a postcard
What is the name of the guy
Who knows you better
At least don't tell me
Leave it a surprise

Cause I like surprises
And when sunrises
Throw themselves off buildings
For fun
Now the heat is rising
It's quite surprising
when you don't know
What to say

(Fast bit)

When you're lost inside my crowd
Well don't come crying
And those bedroom words are proof
She's always lying
Are those tears in your eyes?
Or crocodiles?
You could see me in my prime
I'm half a mile away

You know I like surprises
And when sunrises
Throw themselves off buildings
For fun
Now the heat is rising
It's quite surprising
when you don't know
What to say
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:58:41 PM by Dom Hunt »
Dcj Hunt

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 05:56:08 PM »
The tune and phrasing and are both decent and the chorus is bang on but the verses man are a bit too out there for me

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 06:40:03 PM »
Brilliant. I love this cos. Love the raggedy all over the place could not give a fuck attitude. If Syd Barratt had the dead Kennedys as a backing band this is what it would have sounded like.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 08:47:17 PM »
This has a great loose psychedelic feel to it. Its lovely and dirty and goes in a lot of different directions. I thought that it was very inventive,  interesting and unique. Great stuff

Dom Hunt

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 02:40:40 PM »
thanks for the kind comments @pompeyjazz @mickyplankton and @RealKevM . I was trying to go for an odd psychedelic vibe, somewhere between 70s glam and the arctic monkeys. The album version will be a little different to this, wanted to make it even more unpredictable so ive reversed the guitar audio after the second chorus after a little silence.
I guess it is a fair bit out there, then again, most of my other songs are quite based in a way so its a bit of a switch up, wanted to use a lot of metaphors such as crocodile tears and bedroom words (shes literally lying, on the bed!)
Dcj Hunt

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 10:59:47 AM »
@Dom Hunt - What an intro, never heard anything like this before, Dom I really dig your ideas, and your energy in your songs, I've been trying to put my finger on how best to describe you stuff....If you go to see a band you've never seen before, it always takes a couple of numbers to warm to them, but yours are instantly like like like.

I bet your gigs are a riot.

The production on this master is a bit unconventional, but certainly captures the energy of a live gig.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 11:26:56 AM »
Yo Dom, I got a strong whiff of Graham Coxon at his most lo-fi off this one.  That's a good thing. ;-) It's ultra thin in production (hardly any bass, tinny lead guitar etc) but that's part of the character.  I liked the double tracked vocals too.  Resolutely weird and indie in construction and delivery which earns a lot of respect in my book.  Nice one.
It's all too beautiful.

pnb99

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 07:16:50 PM »
I’ve listened to this song about 5-6 times.

I’ve got to be honest… due to my own musical preferences I really struggled with this song.

There are elements I liked such as the heavy intro and outro and some of the guitar parts but the discordant guitar in the verse was hard for me to fully appreciate. I think this was excerbated by the guitar being heavily panned to the left as well so, for me, this, and its discordant nature, distracted me from the other elements of the arrangement.

I recognise that these auditory challenges may all be intentional, and that my preferences are probably a little more “conventional”.

In any case thank you for at least expanding my horizons a little and thank you for sharing your music with me.

Paul

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 11:15:12 PM »
Loud and Hard?

I found it to be exceptionally quiet...but that could be as the track seems to have been removed!

Very creative, Reminds me of John Cage.

Yodasdad

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 09:19:42 AM »
Where'd this one go? Was looking forward to it!

skogge

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 11:16:21 AM »
Where'd this one go? Was looking forward to it!

Yeah. Same here. Reading the others made me curious!

Dom Hunt

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 06:57:14 PM »
Apologies, took it down, no real reason. If youd like to hear it it is here and on every other platform, youtube etc. Enjoy! https://open.spotify.com/album/1cQMuwpgPmssKpeGVrmGAg
Dcj Hunt