I Could Make You Rich

• 7 Replies

Dom Hunt

• Busker
  • Find what you love,finding yourself will follow
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:04:23 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/dom-hunt-2/2-i-could-make-you-rich

With this I was getting inspired by modern music, next I plan to go more "Selling England by the pound" Genesis style but for now I quite enjoyed this, Somewhat inspired by The man by the killers, With some hard rock inspiration there too. What Do you think? Wanted it to reflect the simplification and homogenisation of pop music through time and so the chorus gets more simplistic as it goes.

Someone help
This man is going mad
Run for your lives!

Someone help
These words feel so bad
On please believe me!
You could die

Throw me at the wall
And see if I stick
Throw me to the hounds
I could make you rich

Someone help
This man murdered his dad
It's getting crazier out here

Someone help
The streets are pouring red
Piling up the dead

Throw me at the wall
I could make you rich
I could make you rich
I could make you rich

Watch the witches
dance around the fire
Burning ever higher
ever higher.....

Watch the witches
dance around the fire
Burning ever higher
ever higher ...higher!!

(Abrupt end)

Dcj Hunt

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 01:11:03 PM »
@Dom Hunt - I really enjoyed this, lots of edginess, surprises and intrigue, wonderful buzzy fuzz guitar and the tempo change - very creative Dom, I bet this is a riot played live...

No nits nor ideas from me.

Dom Hunt

• Busker
  • Find what you love,finding yourself will follow
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 03:14:27 PM »
Thank you @cowparsleyman really appreciate the nice feedback, was a blast making this honestly, wanted to give it a very mysterious aura, lots of 7ths basically hehe. Was meant as a reflection on how popular music has changed while itself being quite strange and mysterious, dont think even i myself can make tons of sense from the lyrics. Sort of about how the world feels so much faster and more chaotic than it once did. But once you slow down and get involved in something "Dance around the fire" and see the chaos for how ridiculous it is, it begins to make a lot more sense.
Dcj Hunt

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 03:19:14 PM »
@Dom Hunt - regarding the dance around the fire, I was kind of expecting a reference to the rather ubiquitous drug reference of getting higher, but luckily it was about the flames getting higher.

Great Song Dom

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 05:36:18 PM »
Hi, enjoyed this, interesting sounds and changes, also enjoyed the lyrics.
Nice one!

Cheers
Jamie

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 10:12:43 AM »
Really interesting sound here...shifted around in a pretty cool way. I’m not very familiar with The Killers beyond playing the secret society hand gesture guitar endurance ordeal that is Mr Brightside every week...but this does certainly sound very contemporary to my admittedly prehistoric cloth ears.

I thought the lyrics perhaps sung better than they read...the context of the song was integral...as it should be!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 11:51:22 AM »

Hola @Dom Hunt

I like your style, it is different in concept, the sounds are very successful, the voice also accurately tells the story ...
However I was shocked by the change approx. 0'20, maybe if you give a reverb / delay wake to the piano it would serve as a bridge between those two parts that have left me lame
The guitar about 1'40 has a tone that shocks me ... I don't know why ... and when it appears later too ..

The lyric describes a Dantesque world ... I hope we don't get there or come back ... to that ... Interesting images!!.

I hope you don't mind what I said, they are simply very personal suggestions ...

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 05:52:47 PM »
@Dom Hunt Like your inventiveness in pushing in another direction. There are some fabulous things going on here. It needs a few listens to pick out the component parts. That kick drum sure does kick ! Great stuff