konalavadome

Feel The Same - AtticVibes (with Video)

• 19 Replies

pnb99

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 08:18:36 AM »
Hi ,

Have listened to the track 3 or 4 times.

Think the guitars are particularly strong on this track and it is a strong song with a good chorus.

Love the change in guitar solo around 2:28. It’s pitched just right to up the excitement and energy.

I also think the ending is very cool.

Some arrangement and mix thoughts;

1. The vocals sometimes are a little smothered by the guitars and I can’t always hear the words. Maybe an EQ cut on the main guitars or some parallel comp on the vox to allow more vocals through?
2. Felt the drums could come up a bit on the mix, particularly the kick.
3. There is a vocal double at 0:54 that goes wide in the stereo field. To my ears it’s either slightly too loud or maybe not needed.

All in all a good, strong song, mixed well (not easy with a live band). I enjoyed listening to it. Thank you.

Paul.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2019, 09:17:08 PM »
Hi all,

Myself and @Mikey are really pleased with the feedback from this track.
I am glad you guys liked the vocal as I am not the strongest singer but tried to give them a rock feel.
Some of you mentioned our playing skills which is greatly appreciated and also that we have a full band sound.

@pnb99
Thanks for the mix review, its always great to get a second set of ears on a mix so we can go in and revisit these points.

A couple of you mentioned the tension in the song, this was great to hear as we pay a lot of attention to arrangement and the overall feel of a track.
As for the vocals being quiet, I guess thats the danger of being a less confident singer and mixing your own material. We like our guitars and drums to drive our tracks.

We are both learning all the time with every new track and appreciate the time you guys have taken to constructively comment.
So thank you again to all.

Andy and @Mikey
AtticVibes/ Cawproductions

Girlinside

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2020, 04:27:51 PM »
Hi I’m a huge fan of your stuff and I thought this was ok but not like some of the other songs perhaps I need a few other listens , as a non musician it sounds like an album track .
Did technically brilliant like all your stuff it just missed the mark for me .’
I thought the lyrics were ok but didn’t blow me away

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 10:28:07 AM »
Powerful track.

Like the subtle use of the electronic sounds, so subtle that I couldn’t pick them out first listen but they do add to the song.

Nicely mixed and a hooky chorus.

Yodasdad

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 07:50:36 PM »
Great sound and very well produced. Guitars are super. Like the pinched harmonic bits in particular...lovely. Really good vox too...lots to like.

I couldn't help but feel that the inventive chord change on the "feel the same" lyric was just a little too much out of my comfort zone...but i'm a bit old-fashioned, it has been said...

Great track though!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter