konalavadome

Frozen

• 7 Replies

Sullish

• Busker
« on: December 11, 2019, 10:34:31 PM »
A little choon I’ve concocted on GarageBand, be gentle...

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 08:16:46 AM »
@Sullish ,

Lovely acoustic guitar intro.  There's an interesting contrast between the upbeat harmony of the song and the downbeat lyrical message that works very well.  There's a certain quality that conjures up a reflective man on a bus or train journey moving away from the hurt of a past love to the unknown future and what might be.  There's a also a lovely understated string arrangement happening in the background.  Full marks for that.my least favourite part is the long, I think guitar notes whichever. I don't believe add to this beautiful song.

Overall, this is real quality! Well done!

Paul

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 11:34:40 AM »
@Sullish - Welcome...nice to hear from you...Listening as I write. Love that voice, nothing to be gentle for....

Lovely gtr sound, those String stabs are perfect,  the eBow-ish fill between the verse seemed a little exposed.

Some words are slightly out of tune, but that is easy to fix - Look out for melodyne, you can pick the out of tune notes and move them back in tune.

Might benefit from a Harmony line in the choruses.

Watch the popping P's 'Passing'...'torn aPart'

Mix is good

Very fine work indeed.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 03:21:42 PM »
@Sullish

Hi Nice song pretty well sung. The acoustic guitar and the string keys work well together, the e bow thing not so much...I also thought I heard a bass note out of sync/tune.Once or twice I thought of Johnny Cash, which must be a positive.
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 11:54:58 AM »
Hi Sullish,

Cool song.

The vocal reminded me of that song Eve of Destruction - similar quality to the singer; smooth with hints of gravel. Works well.
Production is crystal clear. Vocal sits so proud. Great job.

Digger

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 04:19:29 PM »
Hi really enjoyed the song, You have a great voice, a cross between Jonny Cash and Bob Dylan, but nonetheless distinctly your own. Loved the production  and arrangement, but as mentioned previously maybe the chorus could be lifted by the use of harmonies, backing vocals or extra instrumentation.

Inanité_sonore

• Open Mic
    • Black Gift Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 09:03:31 PM »
Hi,

I like your voice and the way you sing your song. It's simple and effective for me. The strings that come out so many, it's good. 

I like the drums a little less but it's probably a matter of personal taste.

A good song overall!
IS

My project "Black Gift" :
listen the album and buy CD & vinyl :
https://blackgift.bandcamp.com/releases

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/black_gift/tracks

Inanité Sonore Records :
https://soundcloud.com/user-24297189

Sullish

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 11:17:50 PM »
Thanks for your kind, constructive comments, I’ve tweaked the chorus vocals as they were a bit ropey. Happy new year guys.