Where will we run to?

• 24 Replies

David Christy Jones

• Open Mic
  • Shaping the air into beautiful sculptures.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 03:50:21 AM »
I like the strings in the background of this.
Love the bass lead intro too, really lovely effect.

All in all, just a gorgeous piece of music that is incredibly well constructed.
Honestly, it's quite inspirational. Beautiful dynamic and clever use of organ to underscore the voice. Not quite like anything I've heard before. I guess the closest I can imagine to it would be something a bit like Whiter Shade of Pale by Procul Harum.

Anyway, beautiful song, added to my playlist!
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best!

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 04:53:05 PM »
That chromatic descending run/progression that starts the song and returns later reminded me of Aerosmith’s Dream on.

There’s a lot going on in this for the ear to pick up on- liked the walking bass line passages.

A. Rey enjoyable listen.

Yodasdad

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 01:00:20 PM »
nice song
well done. I wonder how you did all these instruments.
I'm guessing it's all your work.

Happy new year!!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2020, 05:50:05 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

@Inanité_sonore hi, thanks for your kind comments! People have commented on pink Floyd  when listening to my stuff before, it’s a v nice comparison for me as I am a big fan. Glad you liked the melody in the chorus ,it’s great if it catches people’s attention!

@pnb99 hi, glad you liked the song! My history of songwriting and recording has developed over the last few years. I’ve always played guitar and piano but only relatively recently got into writing. I focus on working in the following way. I tend to work out distinct and interesting chord structures, then try to build the melody around some phrasing and lyrics. When I have a workable song I concentrate on playing the parts and working on an interesting arrangement and instrumentation. Once I can play all the parts I start recording with the help of drum loops ( the only instrument I don’t play in my songs). I build the recording adding in all the parts and then get started on mixing and mastering. This is the part I have the least experience and although I’ve come a long way from my original efforts, I still recognise that I have a lot to learn. I’m pretty well self taught so it’s a process of trial and error, so I’m not upset or concerned when people pick up on issues here, I know I have a way to go.Every day’s a school day. So thanks for your comments and I’ll try to pick up on them and learn. Don’t know thirteen senses I’ll give them a listen,cheers!

@David Christy Jones hi, thanks for your great comments! I’m always delighted when people ‘get’ my stuff. Love whiter shade of pale too! Thanks again!

@Yodasdad hi, glad you enjoyed it and picked up on the walking bass parts, I was pleased with them too! Don’t know the Aerosmith song, I’ll give it a listen. Thanks again, glad you enjoyed it.

@Rightly hi,happy new year to you too sir! The only instruments I don’t play on my songs are the drums. I record every other instrument live. Glad you enjoyed it rightly!

Thanks again and happy new year to all the great musicians and writers who contribute to this excellent forum!

Cheers
Jamie

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2020, 01:05:26 PM »
I ALWAYS enjoy your songs mate. You have a wonderful way with chord structure and melody and this song highlights those skills perfectly. I love the instrumental break aswell with the strings. Gorgeous stuff all around.😁🎶👊🏻🎶

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 06:14:44 PM »
Cheers Leo, glad you enjoyed it. If I have a strengthI think it's unusual chord structures and phrasings, so it's nice to have you comment on that!
Very kind comments

Cheers
Jamie

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 09:45:15 PM »
Hey @jamie I really like that lyric - nice and obscure but enough content to be relatable... as always a great pro sound to the track with some interesting twists and turns - lovely transitions and quite an anthemic feel to it. Loved the solo too and nice way to end it! Fab stuff!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 05:41:46 PM »
@MonnoDB

Hi Karen, thanks for listening.Really kind comments, glad you enjoyed it!Glad you liked the lyric, not my strength really :o :P.

Cheers
Jamie

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2020, 01:59:09 PM »
Hi Jamie,

I've been away a while yet still here you are still coming up with the goods. As others have said, there is an epic 70's feel although I think your vocals sound a little uncertain in places. Lovely musical setting as ever and a beautifully polished production.

M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 06:24:26 PM »
Hi Alan, yes it has been a while and incidentally I had a long spell away last year too.Didnt post anything for 6-9 months :'(. Glad you liked it, and yes my vocals are usually uncertain.... ;).Thanks for listening.
Cheers
Jamie