Songwriter Forum > Recording

Your DAW's Top Features

(1/3) > >>

cowparsleyman:
Hi all

Just saw @pompeyjazz 's post re: Repear 6.0 I've never used anything but Magix Samplitude..I was just wondering what are the features of your DAW that you really like an that make you not want to look around, conversley, what makes you spit feathers about it...

Would be very interested to hear...

Cawproductions:
Hi Cpm,

Mine has to be the fact that I have almost grown up with Cubase from the days my mate has it on the Atari for his outboard synths, right through to Cubase SX and onto what it is today.

You get so familiar with your daw choice, which means for me, when creativity strikes, boom, I am in, setup and recording in minutes, getting the original idea down.
Then you are just creating all the way and not getting bogged down with tech.

I find I need to work quick, so not to forget or get bored with it.

Cheers
Andy

rightly:
cubase too.
It appealed to me right from the start.
It's a means to an end.
I wouldn't claim it to be the best.
It has to work immediately for me, the less fuss the better.
I think the optic works for me.
I suspect the good daws have many similarities.

CaliaMoko:
I use Audacity and Reaper, mostly Reaper. I mostly only record on it and then give my vocals to someone else, since I can't seem to figure out production. I've been told Audacity isn't a real DAW; I don't know why, but maybe it's because you can't turn plugins on and off. Once you apply a plugin, it somehow merges right into the track, so that can be a problem. If it was chemistry, it would be a solution instead of a mixture.

I use Audacity when I want to convert a file from, say, m4a or whatever to mp3. Or WAV. That kind of thing. Or if I get tired of generating all those reapeaks files. They create a lot of clutter. If I'm just recording, it works fine for that. But I still usually use Reaper. Habit, I guess. Plus, I feel all smug, knowing I'm using a "real" DAW instead of a fake one. ::) :P ??? :o

cowparsleyman:
@CaliaMoko - if it works... qed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version