Kingdom Come

• 21 Replies

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« on: December 07, 2019, 09:31:59 AM »
Hi everyone, I've just finished this acoustic version of an old song that I originally cowrote with a mate (I did lyrics and melody) I'd love to know what you think? I initially threw the kitchen sink at this...but decided less is more leading to a mild crescendo at the end. Does it work? Thanks for your time.😁👍🏻

Listen to Kingdom Come (acoustic version) by Pebble Wreck on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/leo-b-5/kingdom-come-acoustic-version

Lyrics.
She found me washed up on the shore
A stranger lost a shipwrecked soul
The life I thought I'd built on stone
Was drowning in the sand
Her eyes were warm and lighthouse bright
Her lips gave me the kiss of life
The words she spoke so beautiful
I longed to understand

Babylon, I see no hell fire here
My kingdom come is in her eyes

My sweet Amalie
If we only have this life your love is all I need
For so long I was just a skipping stone
Trying to stay afloat
But you gave land to me
And so I stay here at your humble throne
My kingdom come

She led me home through city walls
And lit a fire to warm my bones
And when she smiled a truth was known
I'd never be the same

Babylon, a revelation true
My kingdom come, she put me back together.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »

Hey Leo,

Hope all is well in your world my friend ;D

Great song.  Amazing vocals...of course ;D Yes, it works......
 There's a lot of it, and I found myself wanting the build to start earlier.  Was looking for those strings to come in a lot earlier,
 and maybe some of that lovely flamenco style picking.  I think you could get away with it, and still keep it 'minimal' ;D

I love it as it is though ;D .  Take care Leo, and keep recycling ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 01:50:32 PM »
What a great ballad this is Leo.  ;D
As bin says - amazing vocals and it has an epic feel to it - like it should be in the cinema.
Solid lyrics too and love those acoustic guitar flourishes near the end.
Wot's not to like?  ;D ;D

Paul

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 01:05:37 AM »
Love it, Vocals & Guitar sound fantastic and this arrangement really brings out the
Emotion of the lyrics. Great job Leo !

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 09:54:32 AM »
Hi Leo,

This sounds awesome.
The acoustic sounds great. Lovely tone.
Super clear picking.

Vocal sounds emotional without being over the top.

The feel reminded me a little of Martha's Harbour - which is no bad thing at all.

Great job.

Digger

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 12:47:52 PM »
Leo - quite a journey you take us on as you often do. Great images in the lyrics, very evocative without giving away the full story.

I think I was ready for a extra element around the “she led me home” section, maybe just some hints of the themes yet to come.

But really engaging vocals and storytelling, so good to listen to.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 06:13:53 PM »
Voice is amazing.

Thought it picked up slightly later than I thought it perhaps needed to, if I'm honest...but it's of such top quality...that's no big deal.

Lyrics were very well done...my only thing there would be that it felt more medieval in theme than the Babylon image conjured up for me...felt like I was time-travelling in my own mind. Having said that, I have had a very busy weekend...

Brilliant stuff, though, Leo...you are a real star...whether the world realises it or not.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 08:29:52 PM »
Beautiful song Leo @LostBoy - as always, your vocal is stunning, it really shines with this melody, completely your sweet spot I think. There's some gorgeous instrumental work going on too - such a strong performance all round. Just wonderful!

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 11:40:16 PM »
WOW< Leo, this is gorgeous :o It blows me away how well you can write and produce a song, seemingly so effortlessly :o
And on all fronts...lyrics, melody, arrangement, production and of course your amazing vocals  :)
I remember loving this one fully produced a while back, but I have to say, IMO, this is an even more powerful version than that was, which
is pretty amazing :o

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 11:09:58 PM »
Awesome stuff Leo.  Even by your own vertigo-inducing standards, the vocal is superb.  I also loved the chord progressions - some nice little surprise chords in there, particularly under the chorus when the chords inflect to major keys in a couple of places... that's lovely.  And the eastern-sounding scales and samples add a ghostliness to it.   Only thing I don't like is that it fades out rather than resolving on that last 'kingdom come' but that's a personal bugbear.  Dang, this is one of the best things I've heard in a long while.
It's all too beautiful.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 07:39:49 AM »
@LostBoy - leo, good call re taking the Acoustic arrangement, I can almost hear the HUGE production that wasn't...My only thought was a doubled vocal line @2:52, maybe replace the vocal "Your love is all I need" with a guitar playing the same melody, also +1 with Bins idea for the flamenco-ish guitar.

Very nice piece of work, Marcel is a star too, give him my best.

Rich

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 11:47:04 AM »
Another great song Leo, really enjoyed it. Beautifully recorded, played and sung.
Excellent!

Cheers
Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 06:09:34 PM »
Your vocals are amazing as usual Leo. This is an absolutely lovely song delicately treated. I really like the stripped down approach. It works perfectly with this song. Another song of the highest class @LostBoy but I'd say that it's one of my favourites of yours

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »
This song is beautifully performed and sung and has some fantastic thought provoking lyrics.  It's packed with emotion and therefore receives very  high marks from me.

Excellent!

Paul
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 08:09:57 AM by Wicked Deeds »

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2019, 04:44:27 PM »
@Wicked Deeds @crystalsuzy @MonnoDB @pompeyjazz @Jamie @cowparsleyman @PaulyX @PaulAds @digger72 @adamfarr @Bostonfan2 @Paulski @Binladeda

A huge thanks for your time and encouragement guys, I really appreciate it. I’m glad that you like the song so much. Thank you!🙏🏻😄🎶👊🏻🎶