konalavadome

Isnopunk (South Coast Massive)

• 12 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: January 03, 2020, 10:51:13 AM »
Morning all, and a very happy 2020 to all who frequent this very special corner of the Internet.

Here's the latest number from @Binladeda @PaulyX and myself. We're just getting an album ready for release, probably later this month of the collaborations that we've worked on.

Don't really know what genre this one is - I'll let you decide  ;D

Enjoy !

Stuck – In a rut
Find it hard – To shut up

And it wasn't in the plan
So I threw it in the pan
Everything he says is junk
Is-No-Punk !

Born to deceive
Plan it all
Then you leave

So I threw it in the pan
Is-No-Punk !

Hey – All's not lost
As you'll find
To you're cost

So I threw it in the pan
Is-No-Punk !

(c) Wild / Sands / Bradley - 2019

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 11:02:33 AM »
I have no clue what genre this is but it's quirky, groovy and fun for sure. You guys have really formed a great collab, one can still hear parts that are distinct to each of you but it's still a coherent sound larger than it's part.
Can't really find anything to fault here (and if I did it would be nitpicking) so I'll just say Bravo!
Heading back for another listen..

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 03:19:36 PM »
As to Genre...Does it matter? it just sounds great, maybe you've created your own. NoPunk, sounds cool enough.

I just dig that full Binladeda signature Bass. Wonderful stuff

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 09:51:08 AM »
Agree with the general consensus, why does something have to be a genre? if this is a genre it's the South coast massive genre and a bloody good one at that, love that bass intro...great stuff guys 8) 8)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 01:05:00 AM »
Very creative work here, many cool sounds happening and it comes together nicely!
I could totally see this fitting on an album, well done guys! .....Ray

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »
Your stuff is always a fun listen guys!! Loved it! Great vocal delivery on this John!! Keep kicking ass lads!!🎶👊🏻🎶

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 05:57:43 PM »
Happy New Year Pomps. A lot going on here, I like it though. It's your vocals that make it you know.

Inanité_sonore

• Open Mic
    • Black Gift Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 08:28:59 PM »
Hello and Happy New Year to you!

I like it very much  :D it's very original and there's something wild about the sound of the drums and the voice. The raw sound of the bass is very good. The echo effects sound quite nice. It's also very rich and rhythmically very interesting. The interpretation is quite successful and the arrival of more electronic sounds (?) brings something extra. It's true that the style is difficult to define, but I'd say: "a very good song"  ;)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 08:34:29 PM by Inanité_sonore »
IS

My project "Black Gift" :
listen the album and buy CD & vinyl :
https://blackgift.bandcamp.com/releases

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/black_gift/tracks

Inanité Sonore Records :
https://soundcloud.com/user-24297189

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 06:12:03 PM »
Hi guys, another brilliant collaboration, everything about it was just right.The bass, the singing ,the arrangement......just everything. Loved the contrasting instrumental part sets up the return brilliantly. The only thing I've heard that is vaguely like this is the stuff Damon Albarn does with Gorillaz. Saw them in Manchest year before last and they were BRILLIANT!

Good stuff guys well done!

Cheers

Jamie

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 06:45:26 PM »
Great soundscape - definitely a fusion of you all. Really like the short line lengths - also gives quite a "percussive" effect. What I like is everything working together. Very cool, fun and original.

Here's to a great 2020

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 09:48:39 PM »
Oh yes this is fantastic! Such a cool sound - you guys work so well together - fit like a glove. Every element is spot on but my fave is that cool shouted vocal. Or maybe it’s the creative lyric or or or... massive thumbs up to the massive!!

pnb99

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 07:16:25 PM »
I’ve listened to this song about 5-6 times.

Wow! Lots going on here!

There are some fantastic textural layers in this song.

I think the panning of the synth parts works really well and allows you to use some pretty complex sounds which, if positioned more centrally would have crowded everything else out.

My first impressions with regards to the vocal line was that, while I liked the “shouting” style at first, my ears yearned for a bit more variety, perhaps the introduction of a more “traditional” singing style highlighting the very good melodies that are used.

Having said that, as I listened to it more and more, the more my opinion changed to liking it just the way it has been done.

For me, its one of those songs that you have to do something to while listening to it. The energy in it compels you to take action! I ended up listening to it multiple times while running on my treadmill :-)

My only slight reservation is the use of the high resonance synth part coming in at 1:54. Firstly, to my ears it sounded a little harsh volume/frequency wise and secondly it kind of masked what I think is a great synth brass motif.

Other than that, I really grew to like this song very much.

Excellent work…

Thank you for sharing your music with me.

Hope this helps,

Paul

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 08:14:44 AM »
Yeah you need to give this quite an airing before you can review it. I had to listen 4 times to get to know the song. Its very original and the deployment of instruments/effects is masterful. Very well produced too. I didn't have a problem with the synth at 1.54. felt about right to me. Lyrics deserve a mention. They are sparse and a bit obtuse but somehow they fit the music brilliantly. Sometimes less is more and not every song needs to tell a complete story to be effective. John's singing is spot on too. Brilliantly delivered. As others have said difficult to pigeon hole but for me I can definately detect the influence of punk, 80s indie and reggae in the inspiration. Overall a most impressive start to 2020. Well done guys.