• Singer songwriter
« on: December 02, 2019, 05:28:38 PM »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 06:52:49 PM »
@shadowfax is it a 14 day demo? Says that in bold on the webpage your link is to.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 07:02:44 PM »
If you scroll to the bottom it says..download your free copy..says nothing about demo...
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 08:18:42 PM »
I've worked it out - with this free version you can only use the presets, and can't adjust any of the parameters! Full version $149!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 10:16:07 PM »
Just to say, imho, the full version of rockrack v3 isn’t that great so save your wallop, ik multimedia amplitude 4 is a country mile better...and offer at the moment, another very very good is waves prs supermodels (also $39 at the moment a no brainer, and has superb response/feel), (one of the worst is waves gtr3) , scuffham s gear is also very good, i would avoid bias amp as its a little complicated and like rockrack rather leans towards heavy metal tones, also have magix vandal but none hold a light to amplitude 4. The only thing is that it’s expensive to keep adding packs and extra amps, but these are extremely close to the real thing, fenders, mesa boogie, ampeg all spot on.

There are plenty of others like  kuassa, amp room, helix etc. If you want ant more info I’d be happy to help

Hope this helps

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 07:47:19 AM »
There are plenty of others like  kuassa, amp room, helix etc. If you want ant more info I’d be happy to help

@cowparsleyman

I would love to hear your thoughts on the Helix Native

I recently got a Helix Floor for gigging (amazing unit!) and the idea that I can have EXACTLY the same thing in my PC is really appealing - especially for tweaking patches etc., which I can do completely “in the box” without connecting my Helix and transfer at a later date

This seems like holy grail “sounds too good to be true” stuff but I haven’t had time to check it all out yet
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 08:23:28 AM »
@Boydie

Goodness, this seems like a serious piece of work, I have to be honest I haven't heard about this one, I guess it's because I don't play live at all these days, and I'm pretty much sorted for gear for that, but were I starting out again I'd look seriously at this, as you say it looks too good to be true, please let me know how you get on with it, I'm really interested in it.

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 11:21:11 AM »
Just to say, imho, the full version of rockrack v3 isn’t that great so save your wallop, ik multimedia amplitude 4 is a country mile better...and offer at the moment, another very very good is waves prs supermodels (also $39 at the moment a no brainer, and has superb response/feel), (one of the worst is waves gtr3) , scuffham s gear is also very good, i would avoid bias amp as its a little complicated and like rockrack rather leans towards heavy metal tones, also have magix vandal but none hold a light to amplitude 4. The only thing is that it’s expensive to keep adding packs and extra amps, but these are extremely close to the real thing, fenders, mesa boogie, ampeg all spot on.

Hope this helps

There’s a danger of disappearing into a black hole of subjectivity here! I personally have never rated Amplitube, but I know others like it. S Gear has been my go to for years. I agree the Waves PRS’s are good, especially the Dallas. I also have the Nembrini MRH810 Marshall emulation which is great, especially for rhythm styles.

Bias FX, rather than Bias Amp has its merits, especially the latest incarnation which introduced guitar modelling. Turn your single coil Strat copy into a Gibson Les Paul ‘59 armed with scorching hot humbuckers!

And then, if you REALLY fancy a rabbit hole, augment your sound with your own library of Impulse Responses! This year, I have acquired a small collection of IR’s from OwnHammer and Celestion and they improve the sound noticeably even with my beloved S Gear.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »
@Bill Saunders - Yeah of course your'e right Bill it's all subjective, and sometimes I actually want an awful sounding amp (I can get that no problem  8)) , especially for my Gene Jumping, so I guess the advice should be try it an make your judgement.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 08:29:30 AM »
@Bill Saunders - Would you believe it, I had to get a late '60's marshall tone yesterday and ended up using the bx_rockrack JM800 clean cranked a little, was superb...consider my words eaten (I think UAD make it, so I shouldn't be surprised that it was good..)

Back to subjectivity.....