Say Love. (Ft. Def de Mona and the South Coast Soft Boys)

• 11 Replies

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« on: December 01, 2019, 02:59:25 PM »
 Hey Guys,

Hope you're all well and recycling ;D

Thought I'd post another offering from Def and the boys, for you to consider as you walk to church this evening ;D ;D

Is there such a thing as Musical Schizophrenia ?  I think I might have it ;D ;D .  I seem to be a bit obsessed with Def & Co atm...I'm sure it will pass,
 but in the meantime, I'm going to go with it ;D

Hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed putting it together...

https://soundcloud.com/binladeda/say-love-ft-def-de-moaner-and-the-saarf-coast-soft-boys

Don't try figuring out the lyrics...most of them are nonsense.  It's the overall sound/experience I'm trying to capture..
 So any comments regarding anything....enthusiastically welcomed ;D

Thanks in advance for giving me 4.10 mins of your precious time ;D

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 03:16:28 PM by Binladeda »
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 05:23:03 PM »
Mona and the Boys are on fire Bin  ;D Love the groove and the way that you are able to effortlessly able to churn out quality stuff

David Christy Jones

• Open Mic
  • Shaping the air into beautiful sculptures.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 02:49:19 AM »
Hello! :D
This reminds me in parts of Shpongle actually.
Add a bit of folk-flute in there and you're onto my wave-length! :D
Awesome tune!
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 01:55:34 PM »
Well bin - you knew we were going to love this one didn't ya?
Right out of a Quentin Tarantino movie man.
Put me in another world - lovely production and groove.

cheers
Paul

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 09:03:42 PM »
Hey man, well I think it all sounds great mate. Lots of dynamics going on, keeping everything interesting. Now, I’m curious, what are you doing here on this track? Creating a complete backing track from scratch and using an accapella you got online?? (I have no idea who these people on the track are?🤷🏼‍♂️😆 I’m just not as cool as you buddy!)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 11:32:57 PM »
Well this is different for you Bin, but I really like it 8) I love how you've developed the backing track. It's full of twists and turns, but keeps it's the continuity flowing  :)
I'd be interested in knowing who did the vocals. Not sure who "Def and the boys" are, but I guess it doesn't really matter  ::) Great production :)

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 07:56:00 PM »
Sweet track mate. Love the grove and how you have put the vocal track together. Very clever indeed.  And btw, thanks for the warm welcome back. Much appreciated. Yes its my first, fingers crossed I get a second.

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 07:57:50 PM »
Just had another listen, and I thought the back end had a bit of a distorted sound?  Was that intentional or has it clipped a bit? 

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »
Hi Bin, are you ganging up with the South Coast Massive? This is out there, but in a good way. Great imagination mate.
Cheers
Jamie

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 08:45:43 AM »

Hi guys, thanks for listening, and for your kind words and encouraging comments.  Much appreciated ;D

@crystalsuzy @LostBoy .  Def and the boys are an 'alter-ego' band  ;D  All the vocals are loops/samples that are mainly available with Logic.
 I've had problems with my hearing for most of this year, and haven't picked up a guitar for a while.  So I have been playing around with loops etc. to satisfy
 my musical urges ;D  My idea was to try and see if I could get an album together just using loops.  So far I've got around 8 tracks (aiming for 12) which I shall be
 posting here eventually.  It's become a bit of an obsession, but I'm really enjoying the process, and am learning a lot about Logic ;D ;D . I do miss the physical
 connection with the music though.  So I'm sure it won't last, as my hearing is getting a lot better, and I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things ;D ;D
 This is something I definitely didn't expect to be doing at this age, but I'm going to go with it, and see where it ends.....

@seriousfun  thanks for pointing that out Alan.  I hadn't noticed that, but I'm not surprised ;D Still not 100% confident in what I'm hearing  ::)

Thanks again for listening guys. I know this isn't the usual fare that is heard on this forum.  So I really do appreciate your comments.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year, and get plenty of Peace Love and Understanding......

Love ya all....keep recycling ;D ;D ;D
 xx

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

pnb99

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 03:01:16 PM »

Hi,

I listened to this song 3-4 times.

This was wonderfully creative and felt familiar, yet fresh, all at the same time.

The arrangement is really good, as is the production.

The changes between sections really works and kept things interesting at all times. Not easy to make keyboard based music without it sounding cheesy…but this is anything but cheesy. Something I would definitely choose to listen too.

A couple of observations that you might want to consider;

1. The high synth lead that supports the female vocal is just ever so slightly loud. It sounds like the vocal is supporting it, rather than the other way round.
2. In the break/bridge at 2:30 the bass might benefit by being a little more modulated (chorus/phaser or something similar)
3. In the same section, and at the very end, I found the male voice going “oooh!” to be a little overly comical/funny and detracted from the overall vibe.

However, overall, I loved the song and would love to be able to create something as strong as this in this style.

Thanks for letting me listen to your music.

Paul.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 09:44:46 AM »
Not the kind of thing I would normally choose to listen to, but I’m really digging this.

It’s a chilled but authoritative track with some really interesting melodic content and delivery.

It’s got an 80’s/90’s fusion vibe going on.

I’m surprised I like this but it’s got me hooked.

Nice one.

Yodasdad