konalavadome

Wanda the Werewolf

• 22 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 10:50:12 PM »
Very entertaining.

Creative lyrics and Rob did a good job with the fiddle.

I like the liberal use of tremolo to give it that slightly sinister feel.

There are a couple of things I might suggest, perhaps a few more variations of Robs part on some of the repeats or maybe even a full blown solo.

Maybe a section where the bass moves up a gear to a more rhythmic, faster paced, maybe walking bass line.

A finally maybe just back off your mates ‘aahh’s’ a little, which slightly drown out the main vocal.

All in all though, I enjoyed this muchly.

Yodasdad

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2020, 07:02:45 PM »
Hi

What a cracking song absolutely love it.
Great witty lyrics ,fantastic violin, wonderful backing vox all wrapped up in a pristine production job.1st class.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 09:34:32 AM »
Hi @Yodasdad, I'm liking some of those suggestions, especially on the violin variation. The backing vocal volume thin too is spot on. Have you done this music thing before?  ;D

Hi @Grubstar, I am pleased this one resonated with you, maybe first time you have heard one of mine. Mind, I have plenty of others I am sure you would hate, so I'm not running a lap of honour just yet.  ;) thanks for the listen and the comment.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2020, 10:27:05 AM »
@MichaelA - Run that lap....

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 04:24:10 PM »
Hola @MichaelA

I like your lyrics a lot, so wrapped in sweet candy paper, describe the tragic and humanly admirable acceptance of what oneself wants to keep despite the chasm that accompanies it ... The rhythm of the song gives you that touch of humor that transforms it into an easy tune to sing ...

Mora
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:23:24 PM by moraamarolaloba »
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 10:57:04 PM »
Well the lyrics, as usual, are clever and quirky and rather fantastic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fiddle!!! It just makes this - kudos to your mate! And to your BV friend.. This is rather lovely and wonderful !!!

What I love about this is if you ignored the (wonderful) lyric and story, it would sound like a fantastic folk song.. and then you add in the theme and the lyrics and it's just a little masterpiece!

I bow my head in admiration. Wonderful stuff @MichaelA !

K

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 12:07:24 PM »
Thanks @cowparsleyman , very kind comment! Made my day! :)

Hi @moraamarolaloba , glad you stopped by to listen and thanks for the comments.

Hi Karen, @MonnoDB , I thought you might like this when I saw you had commented. I've tried with this one and with 'Bucket Lister' to have a bit more of of a rock/folk fusion thing going on, and  I know you've got folk music roots in you :) I enjoyed mashing it all up, so I am damn pleased that you liked it so much. Ta!  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 10:32:15 AM »
Howdy,

A song about a werewolf and not even hallowe'en!

Very cool tune. Violin is indeed very good.
Vocals are really strong.
Catchy melodies.
Even the howls work. :D
Just a bloomin' great tune.

Could be on a Levellers album.

Digger