Sozzled (On Christmas Day) colab. with MichaelA #festivecomp entry

• 17 Replies

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 09:12:54 PM »
This is fun.  Very good lyrics that had me chuckling in many places and a really good upbeat backing.  Cant fault it really, should do well in the comp. Ill have it on my playlist for xmas day for sure :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 10:50:57 PM by seriousfun »

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 02:07:34 PM »
Hi peoples - thanks for all the great comments, as usual this is my second worst work week of the year, so not around that much (but listening when I can). (No, I am not an elf.)

@seriousfun many thanks, we wanted it to be "seriously-fun"

@David Christy Jones glad you listened after all! I'll check out the hi-hat - I did add in an extra crash cymbal which may be what you can hear. Can I get away with it as part of the general OTT mood?

@Binladeda thanks a million - glad you liked the tuba in particular, tuba = instant christmas (for some reason)

@crystalsuzy many thanks for listening, was super fun to do

@PaulAds thanks for that - Michael can take all the credit for the humour - and cheers!

@MonnoDB yes, unconventional is our middle name (someone also said "nirvana meets the muppets"?!). Thanks for the great comments.

@CaliaMoko thanks for that - please can we talk about prosody after Christmas?!

@shadowfax many thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed

@PaulyX thanks for that - I wasn't sure either - party blower? party horn (ooh er)? Another great MichaelA idea.

@pompeyjazz many thanks indeed - like you, I do like a nice backing vocal (and coming from you that's high praise)

@dinnerwithgreedo thanks DWG - we were looking for something different and the song titles seemed a great way of having a singalong

@Wicked Deeds thanks so much - the tuba was my idea I have to admit - it's a bit of a mishmash with those guitars, ukes and tubas, and perhaps musical taste was a bit secondary to what we thought was fun!

Thanks everyone - great to see so many other entries into the comp now too!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 04:11:14 PM »
@CaliaMoko thanks for that - please can we talk about prosody after Christmas?!
Sure, any time. Disclaimer: I break prosody rules all the time. It's way easier to identify them in someone else's songs than in my own!  :P ::) :o ;D