konalavadome

Can't Find the Words

• 15 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« on: November 18, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »
I left them here somewhere..... :P

This is primarily a bit of fun,a collab with Soundclouder Andrew Doyle,creator of whacky and wonderful choons.

Andrew and I have done a couple of things together and they've been a little different from my usual rubbish.

I hope you all enjoy,or at least tell me why you didn't.  :D

https://soundcloud.com/skub1955/project-woodstick-ad

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 08:21:54 PM »
Fabulous funky groove here Davy. So much going on. Great dynamics. Loved that dirty organ at the start and some lovely ear ticking moments coming at me out of both speakers. It's a highly original piece of work complemented by your top quality distinctive vocals and guitar

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 10:54:57 PM »
I like the words. I don't hear anything I don't like. I especially like "I left them here somewhere...."  ::) ;D

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:23:12 AM »
A fine collab my friend..sounded fab in the motor.. :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 06:20:06 PM »
This is impressive - very ambitious arrangement but you nailed it. Loads going on at various different places with some lovely tones and effects. Vocals are very impressive. I think the arrangement masks the song a bit - but I think the two need each other, and then they become the one, if that makes sense.  I especially like the clean guitar tone and associated licks. Some nice funky playing going on there!
West Country Country Boy

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 09:53:37 PM »
This one is a real innovative journey of a track... some seldom-heard touches like the percussion and electronica choices really stood out. I enjoyed the Edge style solo in the middle a lot too.  Very interesting the way the song isn't beholden to the lyrics.. they just appear in unusual places when they want to (which is kinda apposite for the title...).
It's all too beautiful.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 12:34:22 PM »
Hi @Skub , that whole extended intro is very stridently funky and full of instrumental quirks and surprises, with my favourite bits being the twangy guitar and the phasey organ.

Your voice comes in very sweetly and again the varied instrumental embellishments are a delight. Nice harmonies - and the that soaring guitar solo really cuts through, accompanied by yet more skillfulness.

Amazing instrumental backing track. Totally absorbing. My only suggestion, given there are such long and extended instrumental sections, would be to make the chorus a bit longer too. Or maybe immediately repeat the chorus at the end. But really enjoyed this just as it is, great collaboration. I'm sure you could get a sync placement for the instrumental sections, they are top quality ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 12:37:17 PM by MichaelA »
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 09:56:28 PM »

Good evening Mr Skub ;D .  Hope all is well with you and yours old chap.

I love this song mate, it's got all the ingredients that I want in a song, and they come together so well.
 Love the guitar playing.. of course, and the funky organ works a treat.  It builds well, and keeps giving.
 My only thought was that the drums were a bit too 'busy' in places....taste ::)

Loved the Edge guitars....nailed it my friend.  A true Lion Of The Mountains ;D ;D
 take care...

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

adamwolf

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 12:17:08 PM »
The guitar starting around 2:13 is epic and gives off an intense U2 vibe! Great job
and though we cry
we must stay alive
let my blood only run out
when my world decides
there is no way out
of your only life
so run on...
run on

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 07:47:10 PM »
Great rhythm to this! 
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 10:31:06 AM »
I thought for a while you’d gone for a full instrumental - but I think the wordless sections really work well. And of course the guitars speak in them. Your vocal sounding really nice here Mr Skub, not sure if you did anything different.

Those little electronicky bits are a great addition, and bring it right up to date. Great colab- I’ll have to check out Andrew as well.

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 03:07:04 PM »
Nice job guys, very creative sound around a strong Rhythm!
I really liked that guitar starting at 3:43 to the end and the Vox
is nicely done throughout. well done!

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 09:29:38 PM »
Not going to repeat whats been said,

But, laying down some sweet tracks recently mr Skub.

Top work.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 04:04:20 PM »
Intriguing rhythm that shines throughout the introduction then eases us into the fine song that follows. I love the way that this song breathes and then reminds us that there is a song albeit brie attached to the wonderful music. there are so many things to admire. This has real beauty. Excellent work.

Paul

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 01:50:20 PM »
Loved that gutsy organ sound!

Been hearing some great songs lately where folks are really pushing the boundaries of what we have come to expect from them and showing just how much more talent they have than we even realised.

Masterful guitar work and great vocals here, Davy...a proper treat for me bacon (ears)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter