Can't You Feel Me (Ft. Def de Moaner and the Saarf Coast Soft Boys)

• 13 Replies

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 16, 2019, 10:03:43 AM »

Hey  ;D ;D .  Hope you are all well and thriving

Thought I'd give you 3 mins of loopy madness for your weekend delectation.  It's a bit of fun, but
 I think it has turned out well.  Got my grandson moving anyway ;D

https://soundcloud.com/binladeda/cant-you-feel-me-9

Haven't been to the studio for ages, so have been amusing myself with Apple loops and samples,
 and the amazing Logic ProX ;D .  Wish I'd had it 50 years ago ;D

Anyway, hope you enjoy.  Would be very interested in any comment on the volumes/prod etc...
 Still not confident in what I'm hearing musically......

Hope you all have a great weekend, and that the gods are good to you .  (unpredictable sods, those gods ;D)

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »
Yo Steve-ster.

Diggin' da Grandpop hip hop....or is it hip op?  :D

You got the groove and the flow bro
Got the highs,lows and mids
Binladeda down wit the kidz

I see you were already hit up with one of the 2 post soundcloud promo scammerz.  ;D

A very cool bit of fun and we need reminding at times,we do this for fun!

Hope you are well sir.  8)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 04:31:28 PM »
Hi Bin, had me shaking my booty, cuttin' some shapes, and getting' down wid da kids innit? Nice one Bin, cheered me up I'm ready for anything this weekend !
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers
Jamie

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 05:10:49 PM »
Smoothly done @Binladeda :)! Can't help you on the mix but it all sounds good to my ears... A cheery addition to my Saturday afternoon, I thank you!!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 09:52:27 PM »
This is a fine piece of loop mashup stylee Mr Bin. The mix is great ad it's great that you can continue to be creative without being in da studio. Hopefully catch up with you next week  :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 10:25:21 AM »
@Binladeda - I'm in Da House....It made me smile a bit, it sounded a bit like a visit to the funky Gynaecologists  :)

Very crafty work Mr Bin,  you are 'Dr Sample' you do it sooo well. Can't think of anything that needs to change.

Sounds like your luggoles are working better than you think Steve, good to hear, as it were.

Keep em coming.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 10:13:39 PM »
That's proper good Bin!  Love it in particular when the voice samples all start overlapping in the second half... they become like a wash of sound effects - very effective indeed.  If I didn't know it was you, I'd have guessed this had been made by some hip 19 year old megastar DJ.  Top production.  Your stuff is so versatile, never know what style you are going to dish up next.
It's all too beautiful.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 02:15:33 AM »
It sounds deceptively easy. Makes me want to try, but I actually have tried similar without much success. This just flows along nicely. I really can't help with production at all; I'm clueless in that department. Maybe someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed it!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 08:35:09 AM »
Yeah, a perfik rendition of samply fings...can't nok it bruv!!! :) :) 8) 8)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 08:10:20 PM »
Dude! I did not see that coming! Please tell Def De Mona, O-Fella-Yo is wel jel.
It's so cool.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 03:28:38 AM »
It's always great to hear your willingness to embrace many different styles my friend.  It wouldn't take a great deal to merge this with a more traditional style of songwriting but I guess, that was never your goal. That's where my interest lies so I feel ill equipped to to critique this properly.  It is as ever, always a treat to see you make an appearance on the boards!

Paul

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 07:13:32 AM »

Thanks guys, for your kind words, and taking the time to listen and comment.  Much appreciated ;D ;D

Def and the lads also send their thanks.  They're stunned...as usual ;D ;D . In fact they're so stunned, they're
 in the studio as we speak ;D ;D So, watch this space.........

Hope you are all well and recycling ;D .  Don't spend too much on Black Friday.  I spent over £200 last year,
 and hardly use them.....but they were cheap, RIGHT  ;D ;D ;D

take care x

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 08:27:07 PM »
Hi Bin,

Long time no type.  :D

Definitely different. Liked the music. Got hints of Depeche Mode early in the song - which is always welcome, but then...
The vocals - unfortunately not my thing. Not a fan of hip hop or RnB, or whatever they call it.
That said - sounded contemporary and very slickly put together.

Now please go pick up the guitar and play something grungy!

Hope you're well.

Digger

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 01:35:11 PM »
Really enjoyed this, Bin.

I tried something vaguely similar a while back and thought it was a great thing to have a go at. My effort made me wish I knew more about what I was trying to do...sounds to me like you have a much better idea of what's going on than I did.

I'm a big fan of trying different things and I have a fondness for vocal samples too.

Nice one!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter