konalavadome

Just Wait

• 36 Replies

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2019, 07:47:07 PM »
First of all I really like your voice! You have a nice pure tone that reminded me a bit of
Lesley Gore (its my party) Nicely done Pompey with the production, the brass caught me by surprise  and I like it..:)  happy tune with a cool early 60's vibe, nicely done!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2019, 10:57:48 PM »
Don't know how I missed this one in the earlier versions but certainly glad I didn't miss this finished version.  It's pretty much all been said but yep I liked it a lot too - lovely skippy vocals (the 'just wait' is pretty hooky), some clever internal rhymes, and top notch production - dig that bassline in particular.  Super stuff, almost rivalling your Xmas collab...
It's all too beautiful.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2020, 03:25:26 PM »
Hi Vicki,

Lovely to hear your voice again. This reminds me very much of an early 60's pop song with hints of Petula Clark especially with Pompey's production leading it down that route. It's catchy and gossamer light and the overall effect is to lift ones spirits. A very effective combination of performer and producer.

M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2020, 06:07:01 PM »
Hi Vicky and John, lovely job on this one, great vocals and a very sympathetic arrangement and instrumentation. Really upbeat and fun to listen to.

Nice one!

Cheers
Jamie

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2020, 09:48:48 PM »
@seriousfun @Bostonfan2 @PaulyX @montydog @Jamie ... Thanks for all the lovely remarks and compliments! Yes, my formative years must have been the sixties because I can't seem to manage anything sounding any more current than that. Not that I mind a whole lot. I am quite partial to the sixties....

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2020, 02:30:16 PM »
Hola @CaliaMoko

I was pleasantly surprised by the song, it has freshness and joy ... As for the mix I find it well balanced, maybe I would raise the instruments a little more or the voices a little less ... But it all depends on the speakers with which you hear, right?
I love this song!!!
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2020, 06:33:52 PM »
This is a wonderful song. Sorry I've missed all the iterations. Only heard the latest version. Brilliant collaboration. Vocals and brass really stand out for me. Really well put together. Cheers Micky