konalavadome

Latency

• 2 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 06, 2019, 09:16:51 AM »
Hi guys, recently I found the first recording I did when I got logic pro x a few years ago, and having forgotten about it I was quite surprised and wanted to have a play with it. I want to re record the vocals with some lyric and melody changes and fine tune the rest of the mix, nothing else. But when I tried to record a new vocal I was plagued by latency, milliseconds but enough. I then went back and switched off all the plug ins and busses and tried again, but no better. Anyone know how to resolve this?
Cheers
Jamie

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »
You asked a similar question in 2015 and got some good answers. Did you find that thread? If not, try this link: http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=9013.msg83237#msg83237.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »
Hi thanks for that, I know I’ve had it before but thought I’d sorted it  ::). I’ve spent a couple of hours today reading and browsing for fixes and I’ve sorted it my self. My buffers are fine, but I didn’t realise the low latency setting in pro logic resets to ‘off’ every time you switch off and I’ve now realised that when I have problems I will now remember to switch it on again!

Thanks for looking this up, it’s appreciated!
Cheers
Jamie