konalavadome

Hi folks- looking for mix/master on 8 or so tracks

• 5 Replies

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« on: November 02, 2019, 03:03:36 AM »
It's been awhile since I've popped in to check out what everybody is doing lately. I do catch some of your work on SoundCloud from time to time and have enjoyed listening. I hope everyone has been well and going gangbusters with their creative undertakings.

I had a goal this year of putting together an hour long set of chill out music. I believe I've got enough tracks for a full LP?, but I could use a hand mixing them. I don't know what I'm doing, and it's too big of a project for my current skill level. Hence, I am searching for someone who enjoys mixing EDM type music. Mine is more laid back than EDM, so not a lot of fancy duck work <snicker> needed. No vocals. All midi  performances or sound samples from Studio One or East West. I'll have most, if not all, of the double notes and off beats cleaned up before sending stems. Mostly what I'm looking for is a good balance between fullness and spaciousness (who isn't, right?), some automation to highlight the best parts of each track, and that's about it. I would prefer not to change the current arrangements, just get them sounding their best. Some of the songs have many tracks, but I'll do all I can to make your mixing experience smooth and hassle free.

This is the link to the latest version of the most recently written. If you like mixing and would enjoy working on this sort of project, please PM me with terms and rates.

I'm having trouble getting the link to take in the post, so will have to provide the old-fashioned copy/paste version:

https://soundcloud.com/lollypop-guild/monarch-meadows-remix-1/s-tu17q
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 03:45:38 AM by Jenna »

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 08:41:11 AM »
Hi @Jenna - took a quick listen, sounds fine to me, i would normally have offered to help but i have no free time in the next few months sorry,  i have quite a few songs and collabs I’m committed to...

Best of luck, your mixing btw is usually fine...

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »
CPM! How good to hear from you. I'd have loved to have you mix, but am not surprised you're up to your neck in commits already. :) Rock on!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 04:48:02 PM »
@Jenna - nice to hear from you J...maybe next time...I’ll keep an eye  out for the final mix...

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 11:56:03 PM »
Super. Thank you. :) I've got a mix engineer I really like for the first two tracks now, and I'm going to try to work from those as a reference. Wish me luck! I will be looking for someone to master afterward, though. So if anybody else comes along, with a suitable offer, I won't mind sharing a bit of the work load. This part takes me forever. I never walk away from it feeling like I got the best out of the tracks.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 02:27:53 AM »
It's either Boydie or Tone who is the mix genius here.  Can't remember which it is.  But I can tell you it's great stuff when he does the mix.  Might try sending a p.m. to both asking about it just in case they miss your post. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.