Call Out To Me - Ashes for Dreams

• 15 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« on: November 01, 2019, 05:33:05 PM »
Hi all! It’s been a while - but here we are with a new one. Dark and heavy and a bit loud in places  ;D. As always, such a blast working with the wonderful @Jambrains ... feedback welcome please on any element... I thank you in advance.

https://soundcloud.com/ashesfordreams/call-out-to-me

Call out to me
I might not hear
Please persevere
Don't give up on me

I drag my foggy head from my quicksand bed
Weariness seeping through my bones
My reticence mistaken for an olive branch not taken
Your coffee an umbrella in a storm

Call out to me
I might not hear
Please persevere
Don't give up on me

Fear is flowing through me
What ifs become reality
In absence of a pill or a remedy
But I know you can save me
From the demons and the crazy thoughts
That paralyse me so that I can't breathe

Call out to me
I might not hear
Please persevere
Don't give up on me

Don't believe
When my eyes are tightly squeezed
And I'm curled up into a ball
That I want you to leave
That I don't want to see
That I don't want to be seen at all

Call out to me
I might not hear
Please persevere
Don't give up on me

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 06:43:50 PM »
This is a great tune! Very catchy. The only thing i'd change is to get to the verse quicker. Like this...

https://soundcloud.com/dinnerwithgreedo/call-out-to-meeeeee/s-qcEO2
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 09:05:45 PM »
Dark, heavy and loud does it for me @MonnoDB and @Jambrains I love the clever introduction, top vocal work. Great that the verse is sparse compared with the chorus. Lovely M8 and break with some fab slide. The stop / starts work really well. Fabulous stuff  :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 08:44:00 AM »
@MonnoDB @Jambrains - Lovely song, I really dig your partnership, properly good songs K & J, love the arrangements.

Excellent vocal delivery, super tight, just superb, I wasn't sure about the note choice in the first line of the verse, but I 'got it' after a couple of plays, and it really works.

Interesting slide Gtr & piano interlude.

Overall a treat for my ears...I like the way the hooky chorus is pushed so it's firmly in your ear by the end...

Can't add anything, everything is perfect, especially the production.

mlearymusic

• Busker
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLCRla3DTyR4DupbK
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 11:06:27 AM »
Very catchy and sounds great! Love the rock vibe about it  :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 02:41:14 PM »
Hello, someone's been taking their 'Catchy' pills again.   ;) This grabs you from the very first note, and the ear worm chorus that is constructed in such a surprisingly clipped but clever way.

Great how you broke into that chilled bit in the middle to add space, but then slid back into the mean rocky ride with such ease.

Vocals pretty special on this.

A great comeback track after a pause since publishing your album. Bodes well for the rest of the second album!  :D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 02:57:28 PM »
Hi guys, great collaboration.Ace production too. love the vocals and playing, what's not to like?Love the changes throughout the song.Who doesn't like a bit of slide guitar?
Good stuff!
Cheers
Jamie

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 06:56:54 PM »
Hi
Liking the rockier angle of this track, with the framework of the verse, love that piano, and then the slightly heavier catchy chorus.  Your vocals sounding kept my interest throughout.
Hoping for a solo soon...  Nope get an interesting M8. then jazz piano and slide. Oh well
Glad I listened, lots to like here.
:-) neil
songwriter of no repute..

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 10:00:03 PM »
Guys, thumbs up here,

Mix sounds great, the vocals, I am a fan of this lady, Karen I think, could be wrong. Her tone is very sexy (sorry if that sound weird, not intended) but its a nice tone to listen to and suits a lot of styles.

Catchy vocal riff. jambrains on the buttons and rocking the tunes, cool as ever

Yeh, i like it guys, well done.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »
Blimey..intro just blew me sideways..terrific! was thinking is it possible that your gonna keep up this level after such a brilliant intro...surely the only way is down...but no, the whole song start to finish is a lesson in how to write/arrange a song.

brill work guys..super listen... :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 06:34:31 PM »
Hi guys Great song. I've listened about 5 times and it is very catchy and great production. I do however have some criticism as there are a couple of flaws in the arrangement in my opinion. Firstly, the chorus is overextended. There is no need to keep repeating "don't give up on me" at the end of the chorus. It drags out the chorus unnecessarily. So for example the opening chorus should end at 10 seconds. Secondly the last 34 seconds of the song is not needed. It should end at 2.50. with both these amends you can get the song down to around 2.30 in total and it would be tighter and better for it.
Cheers Micky

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 05:57:37 AM »
Guys this absolutely rocks and is catchy as hell!!! I know a good hook when i hear one. Fantastic job. Brilliantly produced too!!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 05:56:32 PM »
@Ashes for Dreams

Oh wow,love the way you voice is layered Karen,this punches hard right from the opening bars and maintains it's grip on the listener to the end.

Great arrangement of a great song with just enough edge for Johan to slightly redeem his RAWK credibility.  ;D

Gonna play this a few times for sure.  8)

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 11:29:04 PM »
Man! U guys produce some great songs! This is really excellent, that chorus is Mahoosive!!! I love it all...except for the weird choppy drums at 2.40, that bit just didn’t work for me,(sorry🤷🏼‍♂️😊) I listened a few times to that part and there’s something not quite right there, that third drum hit imho needs to be nudged left. Anyhoo...apart from that...it’s another smash! Congrats!🎶👊🏻🎶👊🏻🎶🙋🏼‍♂️

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2019, 08:49:59 AM »
Lovely crystal clear production.  I can imagine this in a live setting.  The highlights for me are  the m8  and cool instrumental  section.  Great to hear the wonderful professional recordings that people are making on this forum.

Paul