best, Kevin

« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 08:05:12 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 08:02:00 PM »
Great atmospheric,  melodic track Kev. Lovely synths. Like the vocal harmonies in the breakdown. Superb production as usual. Another winner from the @shadowfax stable

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:56:51 PM »
Quality production, Kev.

Always great to hear from you...you never disappoint.

That vocals effect works great and adds real interest to the track.

Keys are great...and the whole thing knits together really nicely...btw...how did you achieve the high vocal? Sounds great, anyway...
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 10:20:28 PM »
@PaulAds  Hi Paul, I hummed it as high as I could then Variaudio in Cubase did the rest.. 8)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 02:26:50 PM »
Yo Kev.

To get that high vocal part,man you must have had the molegrips clamped tight on yer....uh..nevermind  ;D

I could hear bits of Mike Oldfield in this track,from the guitars and the lilting melody lines,some John Barry too with that ringing acoustic toward the end.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 12:46:26 PM »
and the day becomes your friend, no more

What a great line that is.
And what a great anthemic song this is - super vocals, good use of repetition, and it has your usual flair for arrangement with those lovely pauses and breaks.
No nits to pick here  ;D
Nice one ;D ;D
Paul

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 07:19:15 PM »
This is just lovely - very atmospheric feeling to it all. Kudos on that high hum :) It really sticks in your head!! Your tracks always sound professional from a production pov. Gorgeous...

K

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 06:43:12 PM »
Ta for listening guys..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 10:35:31 PM »
@shadowfax this is really cool! AND really hooky. Well done. The production is great also. 👍👍👍👍👍

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 08:25:54 AM »
@shadowfax - Hi Kev, sounds a lot of work, lots of stuff going on here, you do like these huge productions, kind of your signature sound, very you.

You might consider trimming off the intake of breaths at the beginning of the mmm's.

Acoustic Gtr sits very nicely. Is that a vocoder over the LVox and HVox @about 1:29 ?

@skub - he's right you know... about the molegrips... a quarter turn to the left should do it... :P

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 08:36:54 AM »
@cowparsleyman ..thanks for listening mate, not a vocoder..me singing in falsetto...those mole grips again, and then a couple of semi tones help from variaudio in cubase ( similar to the humms ) the jury is still out regarding the breathes, tried it without and it sounded a bit false, sorta like it wasn't an actual real person...so left the breaths in... :)

best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 08:55:34 AM »
@shadowfax - If I'm honest Kev, they do sound rather processed, even with the breathes in.

I had the same issue with breaths on a couple of numbers and one song I left em in, the other I took em out, it fitted each song. As a guide I leave em in when it's an emotional meaningful song usually sung by a female vocalist and by it's nature, rather exposed, and get rid when it's clearly not adding anything to the overall piece.

Intersting about the non vocoder, you could market the 'Molegrip Plugin', I can see it now, a pair of animated cobblers with a molegrip clenching them, the more you squeeze, the higher the note shift and the format goes with it...Who needs Melodyne...Then there's the logo, the merch, the inevitable interview with top Producers that have worked with Madonna, U2, and others (seems like there are 100's of them) on your website....you're made man...

Happy Sunday

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2019, 02:33:30 PM »
I liked the fragility of the main vocal and the synth work overall made this so atmospheric. You balance a potentially epic production with a restrained understatement that keeps the whole thing feeling very 'human'.

The only slight niggle was the double up machine like vocal, esp towards the end.

But there are many elements to this that are quite stunning! Captivating work.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 03:01:46 PM »
Another top production Kevin,great atmosphere, made me think a bit of Enya 8). Great vocals as ever, lot of people have songs with processed vocals, doesn't bother me!

Good stuff Kev.

Cheers Jamie

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 06:52:16 PM »
Kev,
Cool track, dramatic intro and that stately build with the synths, chord progression.
Chilled vocals too
Production gives it a big otherworldly cinematic feel.
:-)
neil

songwriter of no repute..