A song called Distance

• 12 Replies

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« on: October 10, 2019, 05:36:34 PM »
* I noticed the link doesnt work when clicked but the song does work when you go on to my page, ive tried to repost the link but keeps saying cant play. But it will play once youre  on my tracks page. Really sorry i dont know how to fix it*

Hey everyone a new song ive written......please let me know your thoughts if you guys dig it or not :)

Listen to Distance by Sebastian And Me on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sebastianandme/distance

Heres the lyrics.

I, I was on my knees
I thought that everything could fall to our feet.
I lost all hope, I sold my soul,
I started to lose to control.

And then I saw you in the distance,
And then I saw you guiding the light.

Stars burn bright,
Everytime sparks fly.
Stars burn bright,
Everytime sparks fly.

Maybe I should of had more faith,
In all the words you had to say.
You built our dreams, full of love
You've been everything ive been dreaming of.

And then I saw you in the distance.
I saw you guiding the light.

Stars burn bright,
Everytime sparks fly.
Stars burn bright,
Everytime sparks fly.

Cheers guys:)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 06:20:34 AM by Sebandme »

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 07:53:32 PM »
@Sebandme - Just listening for the first time, lovely song - maybe bring the strings in the Chorus, incremental interest building...(as you did with the drums), 2nd pre Chorus might benefit from BVox (oohs or parts of the verse)

I'd drop the guitar solo on the outro personally.

Liked the passion in the LVox.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »
Hi, great melody nicely sung over some interesting chords. Nice build, enjoyed the listen.Sung with feeling too.

Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 05:51:31 PM »
Lovely love song @Sebandme delivered with feeling. I like the arrangement a lot - great atmosphere... I really like that piano intro too. Just lovely..

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 10:23:29 PM »
Hey, nice listen.

Nice vibe and really relaxed.

I think some backing vocal over dubs would enhance this further, perhaps echoing the main melody at times.

Yodasdad

adamwolf

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 07:25:29 PM »
Honestly the atmosphere this song sets is incredible! Just the instrumentation and the production and everything, this is way too good for a songwriters forum :"D don't leave though but it's sick. You're really talented!
and though we cry
we must stay alive
let my blood only run out
when my world decides
there is no way out
of your only life
so run on...
run on

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 08:31:18 PM »
Yo Seb.  Another nice song, this time a leisurely swim in an infinity pool of warm reverb.  I like the way it takes its time and gently grows, and I like the vocal melodies in the chorus - simple, but effective.  This one would be one of those 'get your lighters out and wave them in the air' moments at a gig... you could sell it to Colplay.   If you want suggestions, I wasn't so keen on the fade out - it felt like the track was destined to take off and get bigger at that point to me.  Really enjoying listening to your stuff.
It's all too beautiful.

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 04:12:54 AM »
Cheers guys for taking the time have a listen and give me feedback as always its much appreciated.

@adamwolf dont worry chap i'll not be leaving absolutely love this community and thankyou for your very kind words.

Sunduta

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 10:37:55 AM »
Touching soft melody, vocals are almost like crying (which is good). Calm piano is excellent. Overall pretty unique song :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 01:45:13 PM »
The first thing I noticed was the really heartfelt vocal delivery. When you believe in a song,that communicates to the listener.

While the vocals were great,I thought the odd phrase (usually at the start) was a little pitchy. The word 'every' at 1.27 is an example.

Aside from that,I agree with the outro either losing the guitar or bringing it up in the mix,on my listen it was well buried.

Lovely song.

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 04:47:55 PM »
@skub pitchy indeed found it very difficult to sing as the key is right at the top of my range.....i did record a version in a different key but just wasn't right.....pitchy imperfections it had to be im afraid. The guitar solo was really meant as a simple subltle pattern to fill the space but maybe that was just bad judgement and i should of left it out completely. Thanks for taking the time its very much appreciated.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2019, 09:33:52 PM »
This is very well done @Sebandme Wonderful ambience and amazing vocals. Fab work on hitting those high notes. It's a dreamy track. My only thoughts are that maybe you could have a M8 or breakdown before returning for a final killer chorus with maybe some bv's to finish off rather than a fade as I was really enjoying the listen. Top quality stuff Seb  :)

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2019, 12:30:06 AM »
@pompeyjazz thankyou very much indeed. Yes i think youre right it could definitely used a M8 and maybe a big finish too instead of fading out. Cheers for checking it out.