konalavadome

Kill The Butterflies

• 2 Replies

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« on: October 08, 2019, 08:36:02 PM »
A song not about killing butterflies but about the effects of anti depressants and the illegal alternative solution trap.

https://soundcloud.com/user-335183051/kill-the-butterflies

Hey guys n gals

Thought i would post this in the hope of getting some advice as to where it should go. This is just the bare bones of the song and i know that the guitar sticks out like a sore thumb on the right speaker. Again this will be re-recorded hopefully adding any ideas you guys and gals have to help finish the Piece. I know it needs something in the middle and some building in the second half so it would be great to hear any ideas.
As this song is at an early stage i would even be up for a collab if anyone is interested in taking on the Bass, as my effort is a bit samey throughout. Keyboard, as my effort sounds like an afterthought. Drums as this kit i programmed sounds very thin. Maybe backing vox if anyone hears anything in their head to add. Also if someone wants to take over the lead guitar part and take it their own way as i am sure you will agree i am no lead guitar player although my effort is close to what was in my head.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:41:25 PM by Modestmouse1965/ »

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »
There's a lot of energy there for sure! I think you are right about the panned guitar, but it does sound better when there is more going on in the left channel, plus musically too it sounds more accomplished in that section.

If I were editing the song I think I would make more of the vocal, so for example leave it a bit before the soloing guitar takes over. I think there needs to be more of a 'song' there, if you get me, but there's some raw ingredients that show promise, so keep,working on it :)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 07:27:08 PM »
MichaelA - Thanks good advice. Will take onboard. Although there is 2 lead guitar sections do you think it would be better to drop the first one and come up with some type of middle 8 section?