Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

Prittiest Thing - Remixed using your suggestions

(1/6) > >>

cowparsleyman:
This one is a gain part of the Genre Jumping suite...

I wanted to re create the vibe of the very brilliant Stock-Aitken-Waterman, they were the backbone of the 1980's pop vibe, Kylie, Jason Donovan, Mel&Kim. The essence was plastic compressed very catchy 3 min wonders, with super attractive young Artists that were up for a life of endless tours, interviews, media intrusion and the heavy pay cheque at the end of the month.

Anyway...Here it is, the SC notes explain the idea in my head (another Sunday morning inspiration, October 2018 with a cuppa and chocolate digestive), I also listened to a lot of 5 Star, (their producer was Jay Graydon - he too was superb, so clean, so small sparkley hooks)

I had the bones of the song and couldn't get any inspiration for the melody nor lyrics, A Fox to the rescue, she is a natural lyricist, so she nailed it in no time at all.

Then I passed it to Cazrolina and she was kind enough to do a few takes of different styles that might suit, my brief was bubble-gum Kylie, but she also did Lilly Allen and Paloma Faith versions.

A huge thanks to both Cazrolina and A Fox.

Let me know what you think and as always Gloves off please.

Neil C:
CPM,
Simply catchy synth pop. You've got the backing chord sequence, a variance from Blue Monday and some cool melody lines, neat vocals and then you steps it up for the chorus.
It all sounds wonderfully arranged and clear as a bell production-wise.

Thoughts: the non-singing piece from 1.00 to 1.40 lost my attention and I'm unsure what you trying to achieve there - more like remix? Anyway then you're straight into chorus, what happened to verse 2? Then you get the guitar solo and the outro vocals.

So I think you have all the bits but I'd go back to the SAW approach to structure, even if you repeat the 1st verse and re-assemble.

Hope this helps
:-)
neil

Darren1664:
Cowparsleyman!

You definitely achieved what you set out for here! I loved the vibe of this and found it quite nostalgic in a great way! The music is really upbeat and catchy and the vocals were superb!! I could hear this in the charts for sure. The lyrics were also on point and tied nicely back to the whole feel of the song, a brilliant collab!

One slight note (oh here I go :P) but the vocal (edit: its not the vocals ...listened again and not sure what is causing the noise, again probably just my device) sounded a little muffled/distorted (to me), it’s not the singing but is it something in the mix? I’m not great with mixing but thought I’d mention - most likely cause is I’m listening on my phone :P but that’s a mega minor point!

Brilliant work, all of you

Cheers

Darren

pompeyjazz:
Nicely put together @cowparsleyman Thoughts, I got a more early 80s vibe rather than SAW. I listened to an interview with Pete Waterman the other day and he said that they just layered and layered and layered. This to me has more of an early Depeche Mode poppy vibe. Super cool clean and crisp mix. I dunno if the guitar solo worked for me, nothing wrong with the solo but it just seemed a bit "stitched" in there if you know what I mean. However,  it's another top quality piece of work from yourself  :)

MonnoDB:
Hey @cowparsleyman - very catchy indeed! Great collab! Very well sung! Love the way that you nail the different genres although I would agree it's a bit more DP than SAW.. Only thing I wasn't sure about was that very low in the mix BV (I think it's you? Sounds like a male BV so buried you can't quite hear it.. I'd commit and bring it up or strip out if it was me I think! It's nice when you bring it up and do the Ooh-ooh-oh at the very end, I mean the bit just before that...

Nice work again, sir!

K

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version