Songwriter Forum > The Bar

Can I do this?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra:
If you've only done the bass line so far wait until you've built on it then decide....might not be that obvious.
I wouldn't worry about lawsuits. Nobody's going to bring a case against you unless you make millions...then you won't care anyway. They won't take it all!
That seems to be the way it goes. Just so long as you can live with it of course.

cowparsleyman:
Heres the idea, Thanks to all that have responded so far..

I'll be very interested to hear the feedback from the forum.

Feel free to download it.. add any ideas for the melody line for LVox..Lyrics...whatever you want to do...open season.

Personally I think @Rightly or @Dom Hunt would make it come alive, or @pompeyjazz (if you half talk have growl in your best Costello voice  8)) @crystalsuzy would also be a great vocalist. I would direct the vocalist to make it sound edgey, cryptic, and the focal point, kind of song where you were not so sure at the first listen, then warm to it in subsequent listens...uneasy lyrics, that a slightly off putting (the same kind of thing like the 'Wipe away the chicken fat.. in Spitting Feathers)

If you want me to change the chr bass line I'm OK about that, there's no M8, but I think it needs one...getting a bit boring imho, needs a break from the riff.

Good luck....

@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra - I won't be releasing this, so no issues there....and your'e right they won't care about little ol me.

@Jack Simmons - Jack, thanks for the response - best of luck with the song.

cowparsleyman:
Apologies If I'm not allowed to put an idea in this part of the forum...but I though it was logical to keep it here....

cowparsleyman:
....for completeness, here is a good tutorial for Level 42's '43' - see if you can spot the bit that I 'borrowed'

Good luck if you decide to learn it, it's a great feeling to play it live, certainly made the other artists grin....

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra:
Well yes it does sound very similar...ok same notes but even the sound is similar...not so bad once it's got something else on top of it.
Depends how much you care when the first thing everybody says about it is that it sounds just like etc etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version