No More Tears

• 19 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »
Hi, great piano playing, and some great chords in there (I've used some of them myself I love Aug/Maj 11/13 ths etc etc). Great vocal too!. I wouldn't change anything its great as it is.Think this might be the first one of yours I've listened to, I'll watch out in future!

Cheers
Jamie

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2019, 09:55:05 PM »
Great listen. I agree with shadowfax about the West End ref. Also agree that subtle strings in certain areas would work although it sounds perfect the way it is. Again i get a Kate Bush vibe from this which is a compliment in any ones book. If reducing the piano volume, in my ears it would be ever so slightly as it doesn't overpower the vocals too much. Enjoyed and will have to check out your other stuff now.

MonnoDB

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 12:09:44 AM »
@pompeyjazz thanks so much for giving it another listen and thanks for the comments on the new mix.. much appreciated (as I really don't know what I'm doing mix-wise  ;D ;D ;D).

@Jamie thanks so much.. I think you checked out my last one too (it had whistle) but yes I defo think we're just coming across each other now as I'm relatively new to the forum. Thank you for your lovely comments.. and I'm another fan of such chords.. look forward to checking your stuff out too - love your new one!

@Modestmouse1965/ thanks so much.. Never see myself in that genre so interesting to see refs to it and KB well, I am not worthy but love to even slightly evoke such a comparison. Thanks re comments on levels - hopefully I've addressed that with this mix.

K

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • Facebook page
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2019, 07:03:39 PM »
Hi karen.
This is a very moving piece, your vocal tone is great for this, that Low piano register and those little pauses do it for me.

Very nice work.
Andy