konalavadome

Singer/songwriters wanted to perform in London

• 10 Replies

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« on: October 01, 2019, 09:57:36 PM »
Hello well i've somehow found myself putting on a gig in London on the afternoon of Thu 24th Oct (2pm til 5pm). It's a very long story as to why I am in this situation ha. It's a free event so there's no budget (i'm not getting any money either) so it's for fun, getting your music out there and it's a great location on Albert Embankment, perfect for creating social media/Youtube content.

I have a couple of slots available so if you are interested please get in touch with a link to your stuff.

Thank you
Kev

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 10:27:41 PM »
I'll play!
Fly me over?

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 11:22:39 PM »
You don't have to pay me. Just pay for my flight!
:D

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:22:57 PM »
And put me up in your flat!

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 11:23:07 PM »
And feed me!

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 11:23:23 PM »
Do we get drink tickets?

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 11:32:48 PM »
Nope nothing lol
x1 slot left now

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 04:49:40 AM »
All sorted. If anyone is in London on the afternoon of the 24th feel free to pop down. Here's some further info, it's an interesting story..

LIVE ON THE RIVER - AN AFTERNOON OF FREE LIVE ACOUSTIC MUSIC ABOARD A FLOATING PUB ON THE RIVER THAMES

For immediate release

On the afternoon of Thursday 24th October 2019 five acoustic performers take to the stage on board a unique setting - a floating pub situated on the River Thames. The venue is The Tameside Dock which is a pub and restaurant.

This free event has been put together by Hull based singer/songwriter Kevin Malton who will also be performing as ‘Kev M’. “I was due to be in London on the 24th for a music related meeting which fell through. I had bought non refundable train tickets from Hull to London so my options were to stay at home, go to London and do the tourist thing for the day or find somewhere to play my music”. The Tameside Dock were contacted and able to offer the lower deck for the afternoon. “At this point I thought well why not keep this free and simple and invite other performers to join me and make an event of it”.

The other performers include Jowan Long who Kevin knew from playing live in Hull and he knew was now studying in London. A call was then put out to find other interested singer/songwriters and the applications came flooding in. “Although everyone is giving their time for free, this event really is a unique setting and I think that is what attracted a fair amount of applicants” said Kevin. After sifting through various Spotify, Soundcloud and Youtube links he found the right blend of music for the event. “Although all the acts are acoustic based I knew I wanted a slightly different style of music from each performer. Jowan’s music is a mix of rock, folk and punk. Margarita Helene has a distinct singing accent, very real, great songs..Ben Sommer is a punk rock singer from Germany whose acoustic versions are lively and loud. Marianna Bernardini is an exceptionally talented, must see performer.”   

Live On The River takes place on Thursday 24th October from 2.30pm until 5pm at The Tamesis Dock, Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP. Entry is free and no ticket is required. Hopefully Kevin won’t miss his train back to Hull. .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

davidvac

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 06:29:23 PM »
Sounds like a great event. I wish I'd seen it earlier - I'd have volunteered :) I will try and come along.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 08:17:06 AM »
Nice one Dave, it would be great to see you there. If you like you can message me your links and I can see about putting you on if someone drops out.