konalavadome

Ugly Baby

• 20 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 08:13:41 PM »
Ha Ha!

They're all pretty ugly, I reckon....Winston Churchills...the lot of 'em.

Inspired stuff and brilliant lyrics...I've encountered more than a few grumpy midwives over the years...I always thought they were the stormtroopers of the NHS.

The "ker-ching" bit made me laugh in particular. You've a great imagination and genuine comic ability.

I do kind of wonder about the vocals, to be honest, though I know distinctive is a very handy thing to have up your sleeve. It'd only take one song to get noticed though...and then that's what people would probably want from you anyway. 

Funnily enough, the 70's based "Stingray" thing John and I recently did was initially going to be something about "ugly pop stars" which seemed to be all the rage back then, before it all got airbrushed, photoshopped and sanitised...

Anyway...you're bang on form here once again.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 11:10:02 PM »
Thanks Karen @MonnoDB , well yes I think 'expect the unexpected' is a good motto for me too, as I am never sure how to start whatever I am going to do next. But at the same time, although it can be frustrating as well, when an idea finally starts to germinate it can sometimes become fun. But like a lot of us, I bet, I have lots of abandoned seeds of ideas left incomplete on my DAW!

But thanks for the support! :)

Hey @Neil C , glad this put a smile on your face. That's all I can hope for a song like this!  ;)

Thanks too @PaulAds...well I have thought a lot about my vocal style, and I realise that it is distinctive and as such some people will love it or hate it. But I do think it is best to be bold and sod it after that. When I was a much younger guy in bands I got taking to this prominent gig promoter of the day after my then band had just done a slot in his club. He reeled off about five or six bands that we sounded like. Then he told me, in his experience, bands that really become famous sound unique. Soundalikes get nowhere. So I do realise that some folk won't take to my vocal style, or indeed my style of songs, but as we all know it is almost impossible to get some wider attention these days. I would personally love a wider audience, so this style is my gamble, might work, probably might not. Who knows if I am right, but anyway I'm so pleased the song brought a smile to your face in any case, thanks for the kind words...and I'll keep taking the tablets!

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 03:02:28 PM »
Hey there - nice work indeed! Really like the twist in the plot and the lyrics get stronger and stronger all though.

I confess I've also pondered the vocal delivery a bit. Nothing half-hearted about it, which is the way it should be - especially with a lyric-heavy song. I think the vocals are mixed quite upfront which, again, is probably a good choice where the lyrics need to be heard. But I can't help thinking I'd like to hear you "croon" a little more - just in places to give a little light and shade. Just a thought. Anyhow, definitely not wanting you to change your style and obviously you've thought plenty about it so I'll get back in my box (especially given my own unique stylings).

But I did like it! Very original and a great novelette in a song.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 01:37:08 PM »
I listened to this more than a week ago, and thought I'd posted. It's definitely memorable, including the chorus and melody. Lots of fun. I really like your style. Your songs are always a treat, and this was too. Great observation on pop culture.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 12:17:29 PM »
Thanks Adam and Lynn for this encouragement, all very positive! Ta!

I might start an ugly baby social media campaign and see if it catches on :)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 04:37:56 PM »
this is so clever and funny! I guess everything that can be said about this one, is already said :)

Brilliant song!