Live from the Emergenza Music Festival in Trondheim

• 12 Replies

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« on: September 28, 2019, 09:18:21 PM »
Good evening you lovely people!

So on Thursday the 26th of September I overcame my biggest fear, the freaking STAGE FREIGHT. And as frightening it seemed, I had full control on my nerves the entire evening before I played. I even opened the show :p But once I started playing, my music can be very naked and vulnerable, and the audience went so silent and I felt they were focused on every word I sang. And the feedback I got after from the audience and the manager of Emergenza in Scandinavia, who also was impressed with the control in my voice from when I started low and controlled and when I went up in my register. So yeah, absolutely got some confidence from this performance to keep performing :) Here is the full set from that night, and down below I will post every song name in order with a description of what they are about! :) Have an amazing Saturday night and weekend!

Where Are All The Answers
The second song I wrote for this performance. I actually started this 2 years ago and found it again a month ago, when I was attending my grandpa's funeral, and I started writing on it. Basically it is about all the questions of life, and where I will be in 10, 20, and maybe 50 years, and what will happen after death. And all the people we will meet on the way, and those who stab us in the back, mistakes we make and memories we make and regrets, everything shapes our future.

Your Love
The first song I wrote for this performance. I already posted this in the finished songs section. It is a "love song", but I tried to make not so cliché ish. It is about taking the love you're given and just embrace it and not throw it to waste. Even if there is an ocean between the two and you're in completely different time-zones. I am a true believer in that everyone has a special someone they belong with. They may not live in the same city or country or even on the same continent, but they're there somewhere in the world.

In Time
Maybe the song that means the most to me of all I have ever written. I started this on the 13th of September after a friend of mine had just released his new single which he wrote after a low point in his life, and he struggles with chronical depression. The same night I got a text from a good friend of mine, telling me that she has been set back a little lately because of her anxiety and depression kicking in. So this is not a song directly about living with mental health, but on the fact that you are beautiful and special just as you are and in the end things will be alright.

Lover
The last song I wrote, and to be honest, not the best either. I missed some lyrics, and I missed completely the high note in the first pre-chorus. It is just a love ballad, but I was aiming for some power in the chorus.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 10:07:03 PM »
Fantastic to watch this Luke. I could tell that you were very nervous when you first started but getting up there and doing it is a pretty scary business. What percentage of the population could get up on stage and perform their own songs ? I'm guessing it's pretty low. I loved it how you grew into your performance. I was getting a big Neil Young vibe there. You have inspired me to play live again which I  have been working on today. Brilliant gig man. Sorry but Trondheim is quite a way away for me but if you decide to visit the UK you are welcome here on the South Coast. Once again,  good on you for having the balls to perform YOUR music in front of other people !

Andreas

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 10:33:18 PM »
Thank you so much @pompeyjazz :) I love the UK, so don't be surprised if I stop by on the South Coast! Would love to drop by at one of your shows :) The scariest part was, that since my music, compared to the other bands is very naked with only me and the guitar so all eyes were stuck on me, but definitely worth going out of my comfort zone to do this. Sadly, I didn't go through to the next round this time, but it was a good experience and for me it was a victory to just do this :) 

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 04:52:05 AM »
Great!
Only listened to the first song so far but I was thoroughly impressed, and delighted for you! Well done for conquering your nerves and getting up there. It was a lovely, engaging performance and yes, the vocal was splendid. Also got a Neil Young vibe from the vocal and some of the lyric.

Got to go out early this morning so no time but I'll be back to listen to the rest later.

Very good!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 08:50:28 AM »
Very well done.

That's such a terrifying thing to tackle...but you throw yourself into it admirably and do a really good job too.

Performing your own songs with just a guitar and voice in front of an audience is quite a challenge but it gets right to the heart of the matter... and you do that here with some style too.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Andreas

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 09:52:22 AM »
Thank you so much for the amazing feedback @Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra & @PaulAds :)

The rest of the awesome bands performing that night had a band to lean on if they did something wrong, while I had only myself to blame :p But I got through it and survived and if I get another opportunity I won't hesitate to take it :)

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 12:56:07 PM »
Really good job mate, and for your first live performance you were tremendous, I enjoyed watching on Yutube the other day.

Andreas

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 05:28:22 PM »
@RealKevM Thank you so much Kev, appreciate it! :)

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 09:09:22 PM »
Welcome mate, any more live performances coming up?

Andreas

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 11:39:04 PM »
@RealKevM - I haven't planned anyone in the near future. Had I lived near London tho, I would have taken your offer for the river :p Just working on some other projects and writing a lot, but now I have overcome the first barrier so I won't hesitate to do a live-performance if the opportunity comes. 

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 04:21:32 PM »
Hi.
Yes. Good stuff.
I didn't listen to the fourth because of what you said about it.
I have some experience of such occasions as this. I think you've got a lot to offer, in time it should get easier to disregard the nerves. I think you've got a good heart, if you remain courageous, and resist any inclinations to impersonate, as many others do, you should be in for a good ride.

Cudos to you for your bravery and good luck.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Andreas

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 08:56:24 PM »
Thank you so much @Rightly! What surprised me the most, was that I had been nervous for days and weeks for this show, but when I stood on the stage, I have never felt more alive, and it was a good feeling standing there, even tho I forgot some lyrics here and there, I tried to just keep my head high. So, with some more times on stage, everything will probably sit after a while!

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 09:57:31 PM »
Thank you so much @Rightly! What surprised me the most, was that I had been nervous for days and weeks for this show, but when I stood on the stage, I have never felt more alive, and it was a good feeling standing there, even tho I forgot some lyrics here and there, I tried to just keep my head high. So, with some more times on stage, everything will probably sit after a while!

I'll just say, at the beginning
It was surprisingly difficult for me to estimate how nervous, or how not , I might be on the night.
That was a drama. You're lucky, you've been alerted to it now, I think you'll manage better than I did.
Come to think of it , my 1st time went wrong, folks forgot it within 10 minutes, i keep the memory hidden away. Lol.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly