konalavadome

What a Racket! Bangra Din

• 23 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 08:57:01 AM »
Full of admiration for the way this is put together - all the styles seem super well arranged and produced.

Part of me was wondering whether you could pick one part and make a killer dance track out of it.  But it's really listenable as it is. Fun times!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 03:59:25 PM »
I really enjoyed the variety and it all flowed together so smoothly. Very nice!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 04:38:11 PM »
Yeah!! a good dance/club track.. :) the only bit that didn't work for me was the piano at around 46 secs, the track was just getting going then it stopped... :o :) otherwise pretty damn cool man 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 07:14:30 PM »
Crazy mash up, sounds like you had fun with this CPM! :) Disco, funk and Bhangra, who would have thought it. Like that bass riff towards the end, and the chanting has a quality dimension to it. Would be good in a club after a little alcohol has been consumed - it has that kind of hypnotic feel to it! Very creative.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2019, 07:56:06 AM »
Cheers all for taking the time to let these rather mixed up vibrations play upon your ear drums...

@Jamie  - Yeah the famous Robert Robinson comb over - I remember him. Hmm about the vox, I just didn't think about the vocals too much, it was supposed to be more of a dance track, and one of my DJ friend in Seoul once put me in me place by saying about one of my tracks simply 'Too much talking, I just want to dance' - rather brutal in a Gloves off kind of way, but just what it needed, unfortunately it stuck.

@LostBoy - Would have loved to have tried that stew, CowParsleyWife (CPW) is cooking one tonight, it's called 'Eintopf' or a 'walk through the garden'. Glad you like the taste. Let me know when you turn pro, it's just a matter of months in my view.

@t.wretborn - Appreciate that you listened T, thanks

@Skub - Thanks, so kind of you to notice the piano, I just want to danger things up a little, why do what everyone else has done, do you remember Nigel Kennedy rebelling about playing 'all those dead guys' songs, so he started playing Hendrix (also dead) and I once saw him play 'here we go, here we go here go'
I stopped playing other peoples stuff, I leave it to them. I read your SC profile notes today, such wise words Man.

@adamfarr - Thanks Adam - fun times indeed, I have another similar song called LoAir (after the Waves PLugin that I used on it) and it needs some drastic plastic action - it's a trance number and I know sod all about trance (as I know sod all about Bangra - PJ noticed I can't even spell it right), but I'll finish it one day....

@CaliaMoko - Thanks Vicky

@shadowfax - Cheers man - the 45 sec piano, well, that's a like it or loathe it thang, I guess, I just loved it, it added a tinge of tension befor that huge crash cymb comes in to get them going i the dance floor again. I could just image the groovers looking around for a few secs thinking 'What on Earth', through their drunken sweaty heat, then prancing around doing whatever moves their body/arthritis will allow.

@MichaelA - Mash is best, you can toss your baked, boiled, sauteed dance tracks in the garbage, Your'e right on the money - that was exactly the vibe I was after, thanks for noticing.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:01:40 AM by cowparsleyman »

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2019, 10:25:52 AM »
Nothing to fault here.
I know the genre - it's called "Great"
Inventive and catchy as all get out.
Love the bass ;)
Now sell it to an Indian movie house and you're off!
Paul

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »
CPM
To me the musical collage was interesting like a mix tape. Enjoyed listening it held my attention all the way through.

It is what you said: an eclectic set of sound run together, like a producer having fun, but I'm not sure it sound like a song.
There are several bits like the start or end which sound like they could be the basis of a tune.
Sorry bit too old for the target demographic...
:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »
Love how you venture in to different styles. This is great listen. I didn't know what was coming next all the way through. I turned the volume right up on the 2nd listen and felt like i was being thrown around a room. Love it. I don't know much about production but this was so clear to my ears. Great job. 

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2019, 09:53:10 AM »
@Paulski - Cheers guy, really appreciate your comments

@Neil C  - Thanks for taking the time to comment, despite not being your bag, I agree it's not really a 'Song as in the songwriter sense, with deep meaningful lyrics and formal structure, but that's what I like, danger it up a bit, a step away from knowing what's coming next, it doesn't suit many folk's ears. There is no target demographic in anything I do, one either likes it or not.  8)

It was sort of fun, but quite frustrating sometimes, how to make it flow, as you said like a mix tape, but in a believable, yet surprising way, it's more difficult than a formal structured song, as the rules are less defined.

@Modestmouse1965/ - so kind of you, I like a challenge, I do the same when mixing, Volume up, Volume down, Mono, Stereo, Mid, Sides, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground....I try my best