Hey everyone, newbie here...opinions please

• 24 Replies

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« on: September 20, 2019, 11:32:23 AM »
Just want some opinions on what you guys think of this track? Not so much the production as I'm not a producer and aware it could be better....but is song any good?

Any feedback would be most welcome negative or positive

I have the link to my soundcloud

Thankyou in advance

Wayne.

Listen to Just The Way That You Are by Sebastian And Me on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sebastianandme/just-the-way-that-you-are-1

Whatcha looking,
Whatcha searching,
What are you hoping for.
Am I the one am I the one,
That you're looking for
I wanna love you,
C'mon and make me love you.

Star gazing,
Anticipating,
This developing love.
Am I the one Am I the one,
That you're dreaming of?
I wanna love you,

Eyes as powerful as dynamite.
Flames setting my world on fire.

It's just the way that you are.
It's just the way
It's just the way that you are,
It's just the way
Hey!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:21:08 PM by Sebandme »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 06:38:23 PM »
Hi Newbie! Welcome to the forum. Glad you're not afraid to jump right in!

I listened to part of your song, but I can't make out all the words. Would you mind posting the lyrics? You can edit your original post and type them right in. Tag me when you're done, and I'll give it another try.

Hope to see you around the boards!

Vicki

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 08:46:01 PM »
Hey Wayne, welcome.  Yes the song is "any good"... better than that.  Lots to like here: the full on intro (no time wasted there!), nice distinct sections to the track - both the verses and the choruses have a hooky melody, nicely sculpted with peaks and troughs, seriously good vocal (Thom Yorke falsettos - sweet), nice abrupt finish!  (again, no time wasted).  I don't know how you recorded this but I felt a better, tighter mix of this would reveal a pretty darn epic track here.  Anyway, hope you stick around... review some songs and post some more.
It's all too beautiful.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 11:53:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum pal. You should post the lyrics, it's good to be able to read your words too. I think the tempo is a a bit too fast, i'd slow it down a bit and I can hardly make out the vocals. Saying that, I really like the song as a whole, it's got a 90's indie vibe to it. Great guitar sound too.

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 02:05:04 PM »
Hey guys thanks for people who took the time to listen and give me feedback it's very much appreciated.  I will post lyrics for any other tracks I may for you next time. The lyrics for this are as follows,

Whatcha looking,
Whatcha searching,
What are you hoping for.
Am I the one am I the one,
That you're looking for
I wanna love you,

Star gazing,
Anticipating,
This developing love.
Am I the one Am I the one,
That you're dreaming of?
I wanna love you,

Eyes as powerful as dynamite.
Flames setting my world on fire.

It's just the way that you are.
It's just the way
It's just the way that you are,
It's just the way
Hey!

AnitaFox

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 10:56:50 PM »
Hey,

I think this is great.  A nice easy listen that I think will get stuck in my head.  Look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers

A

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 06:02:26 PM »
Thanks for checking it out means alot. I might be brave enough to post more soon :)

Hey,

I think this is great.  A nice easy listen that I think will get stuck in my head.  Look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers

A

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 11:05:29 AM »
Hi, definitely hear your references in the song, also reminded me a bit of Gaz Coombes voice from Supergrass!. Nice song, good guitar sounds and layering with keyboards/strings. Well sung.
Enjoyed it.
BTW if you spend some time listening to others stuff and commenting you'll get more interest on your stuff, just saying....... ;)
Cheers
Jamie

t.wretborn

• Busker
  • Hobby musician from Sweden.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 01:27:04 PM »
Hello!

This is right my taste! I think it's a well written and arranged song with an interesting and really good verse and good chorus. I understand what you mean with the production. I struggle with that too being a newbie but i feel that im improving for every song i do and im sure you will feel that too :)
Thanks for sharing!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 03:33:35 PM »
I like this a lot. It has a catchy sound and I think it would be fun to sing. I like the setting--the instrumentation and the beat. My nits are few. Basically, I like to be able to hear and understand the words. The vocals sound a little too lost in the mix for me. And one of my pet peeves is mushing words together, as in "way thatchew are". Now, for the first two lines, I can see it was a deliberate choice, and I think that's okay. Sometimes it just works better. But I think "...way that you are..." could be clearly enunciated without losing any emotion or artistry. Same with "That you're looking for" and "That you're dreaming of". But that's just my opinion and I know lots of popular artists mush their words together like that.

Oh, and I like your voice a lot, too. You have a good sound that suits the song well.

Vicki

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 05:06:45 PM »
Production wise it's just me on garage band and I've no idea how to mix so hence vocals might be lost. Again thankyou for the kind words and pointers all are welcome. I'd listened to that track so much I was starting to think it wasnt great but you beautiful thinks it's alright  so I must be doing something right :) and Gaz from supergrass is a new one....but I'll take that.

adamwolf

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2019, 05:15:41 AM »
Dude, this is amazing! The fact that we can tell even with low production is just a testament that at its core it's just a good song. I actually think the fact that you can't hear the vocals as clearly as you would on most songs, which I know you said is because you have trouble mixing, I actually think it's a good thing and if you ever mixed it you should still keep a bit of that. I can't think of any examples right now but a lot of indie songs have that and it fits a song like this.
Your voice and the melody are great and the instrumentation is really creative in some sections.
Great job!
and though we cry
we must stay alive
let my blood only run out
when my world decides
there is no way out
of your only life
so run on...
run on

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »
@Sebandme - Just taking a first listen, on iphone earbuds.

Nice hooks in here...Bring up the BVox in pre chorus #1, more Vox in the Chorus hook...in fact this could really shine with careful production.

The arrnagement is spot on.

@adamwolf said it all really.

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 09:24:03 AM »
@adamwolf cheers dude! So happy to see everyone enjoying and seeing the potential in it. Makes me very happy indeed.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 04:56:42 PM »
I did have an exploratory listen a couple of days ago...now I'm back for a proper go...and it's true, it is a very good song. The funky alternately panned guitar works in a way that I would never have dreamed of...especially hear it on headphones I suppose, which is my only listening method at the moment.

The verses are nice with that high note end, then WOW it soars in that pre-chorus bit. Those long drawn out words are...er...dynamite. Bloody good there.

Catchy chorus.

Nicely made song all round. That 'dynamite section is a monster.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:58:20 PM by Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer