Stingray (Collab with Paul Ads)

• 20 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 12:50:32 PM »
Cheers to John for taking this one on... I loved the fun lyric and the vocals are a knockout. The middle "marina" section is brilliant... And John did a super job of creating this out of the shorter pre-mixed mp3 I lobbed over to him.

The drums were from a set of 1970s drum loops from drum drops I think... They sounded great and I cobbled it together into a simple structure with just the drums...then started howking away on ye olde telecaster and an hour later, there it was...john turned it into a riotous few minutes of retro fun and nostalgia in his own brilliant and infectious way. Cheers, @pompeyjazz 😃

Thanks for listening and all the kind comments.

BTW, ta @mickyplankton I did twin lead guitars and one rhythm with the tele...i think it has quite a live feel to it as I don't tend to dwell on stuff much...I just tend to whack it out a bit of a raggy fashion  and move on.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 02:03:32 PM »
London calling... ;-) This is good, very good. Just the right amount of roughness, great guitars and the vox is a perfect fit. At first I found it odd to write a song about a bass guitar but I got it one I read the lyrics :-) Not much to add really, I sat back with a big grin and just enjoyed. Guess one could dig in to details but I really don't see the point. Well done both of you!

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 11:51:11 AM »
Absolutely fantastic! The M8 guitar was spot on. Great vocals too

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 07:59:51 PM »
Hi Guys, Been away for a bit,

This sounds great, has a really cool driving feel and captures the vibe of the lyrics spot on.

You cant beat the rorkus tone of the pomps and together with the track you guys created!!, yeh I like

Thumbs here guys.....we like a bit of rorkus, time to throw the TV out of the window and kick over a few amps.

Andy

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2019, 07:54:26 PM »
possible SOTM for me, so many good songs this month...

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2019, 12:40:19 AM »

brilliant idea for a song..
love the drive of the 'band' .. nice work in the engine room there @PaulAds
knock out vocal and lyric @pompeyjazz  really giving it yer all..
nice surprise in the middle

i think i was more a thunderbirds man, i can hear the theme to it now, whereas if i remember correctly stingray had a kind of squelchy romancy 'marina, aqua marina' .. bit like a soap advert.
anyone remember 'four feather falls'..? it was their first tv series (so my grandad told me anyway..)

great song chaps  great collab
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1