Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

Stingray (Collab with Paul Ads)

(1/5) > >>

pompeyjazz:
Hi All,

A few weeks ago, Paul pinged me a cracking little backing track to see if I had any ideas for it. It really had a kind of sci-fi feel to it I thought (I think it was the riff) Anyway, I spent a bit of time chuckling to myself while watching a few episodes of the 1960's TV series "Stingray" to reacquaint myself with the story lines and the characters and so Stingray was spawned  :)

We had great fun putting this together - Hope that you enjoy it  :)

The photo shoot was quite a hoot as well

Paul - Guitars, bass, drums
John - Extra guitar, synth, lyrics, vocals, mixing

V1

Surface agent X-2-0
Slimy, cunning anti hero
How he hates that Captain Troy
He's real jealous of the boy

Titan plots in Aquanation
Plotting global domination
Tempest stole his girl Marina
Sweet revenge is getting nearer

Ch

We're on our way
We'll save the day – Stingray
Diving deeper every day
We'll find a way – Stingray

V2

Stingray launches into battle
Iron fish to shake and rattle
Fighting with the mighty ogre
Hoping that his time's soon over

Diving to one thousand leagues
Bring the tyrant to his knees
Now they've got him in big trouble
Trapped inside a giant bubble

(c) Adamson / Bradley - 2019

shadowfax:
Brilliant guys.. 8) awesome lyrics..made me smile bigtime...in the production area I reckon if you ducked the delay a little during singing the vocal would be a little clearer and the high frequencies need calming down a bit..IMHO.. :) :)

really excellent work..just fab!!

Jamie:
Hi guys, brilliant, I've no idea how you got from that backing to sci fi, and from sci fi to Stingray ;D ;D.Great lyric and everything just worked. loved the 'anything could happen' quote at the end too.
Great stuff!
Cheers
Jamie

PaulyX:
You geezers are on fire this month!  Hot on the heels of Mr Benn we have another childrens' TV programme post-punk anthem.  "John Craven's Newsround" next please.
Anyway, this is great.  Again, full of lovely choppy fuzz guitar energy that marries really well with PJ's gritty vocals.  Nice use of samples (not over done).
You know, this has made me realise that I really like it too when lyrics are sometimes about trivial fun stuff... not love or politics or philosophy or trying to make a point, but just fantasy like this.  Pure escapism, and sometimes music should just be that.  Thanks for reminding me of that, you fiery geezers.

Skub:
Yo Pomps and Paul.

Great guitar bashing! Love that part from 1.45 to 2.23.

A top,fun song superbly executed.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version