Poll

What shall we call the Forum Bond album?

Lots of Time to Die
4 (40%)
Conned
2 (20%)
No Common Time to Die
1 (10%)
4/4 Time to Die
0 (0%)
No Time to Disco
0 (0%)
Times to Die
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 16, 2020, 11:26:10 AM

Wanna write the Bond theme?

• 160 Replies

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2020, 07:04:55 PM »
Just wanted you guys to hear this. Q the Music is a James Bond cover band (they're fucking brilliant).

They created their own No Time To Die theme. It's really, REALLY good.

Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2020, 07:15:37 PM »
Yep that is really really good!
Looks like they have Elon Musk playing lead guitar too (or at least his twin brother).
Cheers Greedo!
It's all too beautiful.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #152 on: September 27, 2020, 11:07:39 AM »
@adamfarr @pompeyjazz @PaulAds @Wicked Deeds @Binladeda @Paulski @Neil C @Sterix @digger72 @LostBoy

Hope you are all good.  Right, Boydie has done a great job of mastering everything for the Bond album and now I'm just trying to publish it.
I'll publish via CDBaby which will get it into all the usual streaming places.
I'll also add it to the Forum ban camp account (that Pomps created for the previous Snapshot forum album) so people can buy it there.  The plan is to make it available for free but encourage donations - with any proceeds going to a children's cancer charity.  If any of you have issues with that, let me know and we can somehow divert one-eleventh of the proceeds to you.
Getting it published feels like a technical and procedural marathon but I'm getting there.  One question for you: CD Baby asks for songwriter information for each track.  Pomps, Adam, WickedDeeds, Binladeda, Paulski, Neil... I know your real names (I think) so have put them in there.  @LostBoy @digger72 @Sterix @PaulAds I don't think I know your real names so if you'd like them included, please PM me ASAP.  If I don't hear from you by Wednesday I'll assume we're OK just not to give that detail (your names will still be down as the track artist).
CDBaby also asks if any of you have publishers for that track, and I'm assuming no for everything - unless you shout yes at me.

OK, might be further questions but that's it for now!  Happy Sunday.
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2020, 07:11:24 PM »
@PaulyX - Can we publish the link to the Bandcamp album page so that we can share etc etc ...... ?

Cheers

John

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2020, 08:19:25 PM »
Hey @pompeyjazz , yes sure but I am just waiting for the other distribution to go through so it is on Spotify, iTunes etc as well as Bandcamp.  Then it's fire up all the engines for sharing it etc.  I submitted it all to CDBaby yesterday and will shout as soon as I hear it is all distributed.  :)
It's all too beautiful.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2020, 11:18:02 PM »
Of course, with the film release being put back until April next year, we have time for another Bond theme challenge! :D :p

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2020, 12:46:01 PM »
Seems the appropriate place to post this...

RIP Sean Connery. My favourite Bond.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2021, 07:50:36 PM »
I saw this film at last this week and really enjoyed it. Especially that part where dsklfhdñljfdlfjzzdfznlñuuzdiufñ.

OK I won't spoil it.

But I thought the Billie Eilish theme was spot on and worked brilliantly in the context of the film and the opening sequence. Some of the lyrics are a bit iffy (I might come back to that in another post) but overall a great job.

Time to go back to our album as well as see how near we all got (writing blind of course): https://open.spotify.com/album/6OSXbBugc8G1SEkgZMk10m?si=ZodzYlYIScWg8WdbKA6CEw&dl_branch=1

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2021, 06:56:18 PM »
Hey @adamfarr , Yeah I thought the film was really good too.  Dare I say it... the best Bond yet?
Thanks for reposting the album link.  I'd been meaning to try and drum up some interest in it before the film came out, but life got in the way... 
But yes there are some cracking tunes on it from the forum members - it definitely bears returning to for another few listens.
It's all too beautiful.