konalavadome

Poll

What shall we call the Forum Bond album?

Lots of Time to Die
4 (40%)
Conned
2 (20%)
No Common Time to Die
1 (10%)
4/4 Time to Die
0 (0%)
No Time to Disco
0 (0%)
Times to Die
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 16, 2020, 11:26:10 AM

Wanna write the Bond theme?

• 160 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2020, 01:23:05 PM »
It'll be such a great album, I don't mind where my song goes.

I had thought, because of it's contrary take on the whole James Bond thing, that it wouldn't be a natural choice for an opener...if I was picking them myself, I'd go with Paul (wicked deeds) for an opener and have mine last as a kind of footnote to the album...but I honestly don't mind.

I'd like to just be credited as "the funeral crasher" please...

Lighthearted album title suggestion...not to be taken seriously...

"Conned"

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2020, 04:14:25 PM »
1) Suggest an album title.  What about "Lots of Time to Die"  ...?  Somehow seemed appropriate.

Lots of variations availabe but can't think of anything better.

2) Knock up some artwork for the cover.  I've put a first attempt as the image for my track on Soundcloud here:
https://soundcloud.com/commodore-64/no-time-to-die-to-all-things-a-season 
Is that alright?  It'll be easy to change the album title if you want something else.

Nice artwork. Just a note though (possibly me being too clever) but you may note that the second letters of SONGWRITER and FORUM just happen to be O's... if you placed them on top of each other you could throw in a cheek 7 below.  ;) :D

3) Compile the credits.  Please PM me with however you want your track to be credited.  E.g. mine will be "To All Things a Season" by Paul Sands.

If I do make it on, Sterix will be fine for me.

4)Finally for now Adam had the good idea we try and collaborate and put some backing to Sterix's lyrics:
https://soundcloud.com/user-893393410/no-time-to-die/s-argKIkJXEJH
Anyone able to help with that?  @Sterix if you can send me a file of the vocal demo I can at least try and get it laid out with a tempo etc so the others can add to it.  Certainly sounded like it had great potential and the lyrics were cool.

I've touched up the lyrics a tiny bit (only a couple of minor word changes that were bothering me) so I'll throw up another vocal shortly and send it to you. Having trouble with feedback on my mike at the moment so will sort that first, then record my dulcet tones...

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2020, 07:36:53 AM »
you may note that the second letters of SONGWRITER and FORUM just happen to be O's... if you placed them on top of each other you could throw in a cheek 7 below.  ;) :D

Genius - well spotted @Sterix

@PaulyX - I have the forum logo source files so I will commit to doing a James Bond version and send it to you
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:38:48 AM by Boydie »
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2020, 03:11:28 PM »
Just to say the playlist running order was totally random on searching for the songs on the forum or what I could remember (and I do seem to have myself suspiciously high in the list) so please do decide on any scientific or musical grounds what it should be!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2020, 03:16:47 PM »
@PaulyX , yes good idea on the title, but if you are playing about with the title of the film the following just floated into my head...

No 4/4 Time To Die

..you all being songwriters an’ all. Just a thought, and sorry if I should have kept it to myself!  ::)
Mine's in 7/4 :D

How about "Common Time to Die"

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2020, 11:45:58 AM »
@PaulAds  @adamfarr @pompeyjazz @Paulski @digger72 @Neil C @Wicked Deeds @LostBoy
Hey all, hope all is good with you.  I haven't had much music/Forum time lately but have quietly been trying to progress the Bond album in the background.  I hope you have all got your tracks across to Boydie for mastering; if not please do so (@Boydie let me know if you are missing any).
Artwork: Good idea on lining up the 0s in the Forum logo Sterix - Boydie if you can send that tweaked logo to me I'll drop it into the overall cover design.
Title: Thanks for the various suggestions - I have put a poll at the top of this thread.  Please choose one in the next 7 days and if it is a tie, I'll just cast the deciding vote if that's OK.
Running order & credits: again thanks for the suggestions - this is what it is looking like now then.  Any issues with it or the way you'll be credited please shout now.

1. No Time to Die: Paul Vasey
2. It’s Time to Die: Pompey Jazz
3. License to Survive: Lutehill (music/lyrics Adam Farr)
4. To All Things a Season: Commodore 64
5. The Wolf: Pebble Wreck
6. You Ain’t Gonna Die: The South Coast Massive
7. No Time to Die: Sterix and the Forum Band
8. A Cut Above: Paul Canuck
9. No Time to Die: The Comfortably Strange
10. Blowback : The Funeral Crasher

Neil did I imagine your track after all?!
You'll notice @Sterix's track is in there.  I put some demo chords and music down to Sterix' lyrics and melody here:
https://soundcloud.com/commodore-64/sterix-bond-tiny-sketch/s-S9t7SUCwOSU
My voice at the minute but Sterix will hopefully re-sing it.  We are hoping some of you guys will be up for collaborating on finishing it?  E.g. maybe someone can replace the synth bassline with a real bass, or maybe you have got better string patches than me, or maybe you've got other ideas... and it would definitely be great if someone could mix it (I dunno my bum from my elbow with mixing really).  Put your hands up if you can offer some support and I'll send you the stems.
I think's that all we need for the final touches - cheers guys.
It's all too beautiful.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2020, 11:55:36 AM »
@Binladeda meant to copy you in too.
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2020, 05:45:49 PM »
BTW @PaulyX - SCM track and my track both mastered by Boydie - 1 small point, Pompeyjazz not Pompey Jazz  :)

Cheers

John

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2020, 06:04:50 PM »
@PaulyX,

I feared that I was holding this project up as I couldn't fid the original WAV file.  I still have the Logic project file but for some reason the m8 keys are missing.  Anyway, I used the time machine function from apple to find the original file and have sent it off to Boydy to be mastered today.  Thank you both for your work devoted to this project.

Paul

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2020, 10:40:53 AM »
Hi all

I am on my holibobs this week so will do a “stock check” next week so if you have anything I need chuck it my way before the end of this week
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2020, 06:57:40 PM »
@pompeyjazz yes please for a mix of Sterix's track John (and anything else you care to add to it).
@PaulAds has kindly offered to whip out his bass too.
I'll set up a dropbox in the next day or two.  (Actually Paul and Martin please PM me your email addresses so I can add you to the dropbox).
And noted re the credits Pomps - details matter I know, so now it is:

1. No Time to Die: Paul Vasey
2. It’s Time to Die: Pompeyjazz
3. License to Survive: Lutehill (music/lyrics Adam Farr)
4. To All Things a Season: Commodore 64
5. The Wolf: Pebble Wreck
6. You Ain’t Gonna Die: The South Coast Massive
7. No Time to Die: Sterix and the Forum Band
8. A Cut Above: Paul Canuck
9. No Time to Die: The Comfortably Strange
10. Blowback : The Funeral Crasher
It's all too beautiful.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2020, 07:31:41 PM »
@PaulyX

If you can hold out until the werkend, I'll add something too.

Paul

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2020, 08:15:58 PM »
I've PMd you my e-mail.

I'm hoping to get some vocals down for this tomorrow but the likelihood is that the quality will be too poor to use (I mean in that I don't really have decent recording equipment). So it will most likely come down to someone else replacing me on that. Amny tips on that side will be most welcome.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2020, 09:05:48 AM »
Apologies for my general tardiness and delays
@PaulyX Yes my bond tune was delivered and just going to send @boydie in a moment.
Thanks for the reminder.
Keep well
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..