Poll

What shall we call the Forum Bond album?

Lots of Time to Die
4 (40%)
Conned
2 (20%)
No Common Time to Die
1 (10%)
4/4 Time to Die
0 (0%)
No Time to Disco
0 (0%)
Times to Die
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 16, 2020, 11:26:10 AM

Wanna write the Bond theme?

• 160 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2020, 07:21:17 PM »
@Neil C - your post made me laugh out loud, just spent the weekend re mastering The tracks for ‘Genre Jumping’ album, getting the Loudness the same on each track, manipulating tempo, fades and final EQ tweaks...don’t like some of it, so I’m releasing it with my original masters...like bread dough, fiddle with that too mych and you’ll ruin it.

I’ll leave it up to the streaming sites to cock em up.

Spot on Neil

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2020, 09:28:32 PM »
Yo.  Interest in this one seems to be hotting up a bit.  Yeah, why don't we go for April 1st then.  Try not to be influenced by Billie Eilish's version which will no doubt be out some time before that.  Do we want to make this an actual comp we vote on then?  As it is a more niche topic than usual I don't think it should bump April's Song of the Month, but it might be fun to listen to them all together and vote... winner gets an Aston Martin?
It's all too beautiful.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 10:30:25 PM »
Surely, this doesn't have to be a competition. Write and produce for the sake of the beautiful challenge and our love of songwriting. . Make your composition shine for the sake of writing.

Paul

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2020, 09:57:42 AM »
I tend to agree - voting and trying to "win" feels a bit a strange. Perhaps we can compile and release an album of all the songs like we did once before.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2020, 10:09:07 AM »
I've always wished for a star rating thingy, then there doesn't have to be one winner. I suspect it could be set up fairly easily, even if it were just an external service.

Good luck to you Bond fantasists - it's quite a challenge you have ser yourselves. Personally I am hoping to write the next Johnny English soundtrack. It's about time he had a memorable track!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2020, 11:25:46 PM »
I'd love to jump into this one (and I vote for taking all the "entries" and making an album with them), but it would have to be as minimal support to someone who knows what s/he is doing.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2020, 11:41:49 PM »
OK cool, let's do that... no voting, no winners, let's just make an entire album of "No Time to Die" songs together by April 1st!  I'm happy to sort the album out after then if all the submitters are happy to be on it.
It's all too beautiful.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2020, 12:48:24 PM »
Paulyx,

Yes happy for that good suggestion.

:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2020, 05:11:14 PM »
Sounds good; just wish my attempt so far did.  :D

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2020, 07:00:02 PM »
Sounds a great idea - Non competitive. I had been really struggling for ideas on this one and the yesterday "whoosh" - The whole song just came to me like that - Great when that happens. Had great fun trying to incorporate some of the more traditional Bond ideas into a song. It's about Mr Bond when he gets a bit older   ;D

Needs a bit more work on the mix but happy with the direction in which it's going

https://soundcloud.com/pompeyjazz/nttd

Cheers

John

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2020, 10:12:19 PM »
Yay - it’s great Pomps! Mrs PaulyX was casually listening over my shoulder without knowing the context and within about 10secs said ‘This sounds like James Bond.’ Nailed it!
It's all too beautiful.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2020, 08:25:41 AM »

Great idea guys.......I'm in ;D ;D   Charity album ??

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2020, 10:15:52 AM »
Uh-oh, stuff just got real when we already have a quality track in the line up! Love the cheeky Bond references towards the end there Mr Pomps...