Cover Version Challenge ?

• 115 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2021, 01:37:20 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/karma-police-remix

Hi, I had fun doing my Let it be cover a few weeks ago, so decided to have another go!
This time I went for another classic by Radiohead, karma police. A bit harder to decipher than let it be but a nice challenge. I had more trouble trying to get some of the sounds right, thanks to John @pompeyjazz for helping to try and workout a particular sound. We both thought it was a guitar with some fancy delay, but the nearest we could get to it was a synth arpeggiator. I had fun doing it, hope you enjoy it!

Cheers

Jamie

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2021, 03:55:10 PM »
Good one Jamie, that song suits you. Slightly lighter than the original, but that suits me as I find Radiohead a bit dreary myself, acclaimed though they are. Ebbs and flows very nicely...and a cool and effective wall of sound there when needed. The dying wasp at the end was recording mastery, genius stuff  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2021, 05:55:38 PM »
@MichaelA

Thanks for listening and commenting, it’s nice to know someone took the time to listen....not totally wasted effort  8). ;) ;D. It was fun to do!

Cheers
Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2021, 11:56:45 AM »
I just want to let you know that I have listened to your cover song Jamie, and I think you did an awesome job :) Neil, your two covers are
great...love both those songs. Morefrog Jones and PeteS...wonderful work on your entries as well. I've listened to all of the songs entered into this challenge, and I've been really impressed with the quality and choices of songs.
It's too bad more people don't visit this thread to listen to these covers, because a lot of work has gone into them :) Regardless, I really enjoyed
this challenge and learned a lot, so that's all that really matters to me :o

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2021, 04:24:56 PM »
Hi All,

Sorry I've been away so long. My mojo just upped and left. Just can't seem to get my head into gear, but saw this thread and am excited to check it out.
Working my way through now. Some cracking choices of song and if Red Light Spells Danger is typical of what to expect, then it's going to be a great listen.

Hats off guys and gals.

Take care all.

Digger

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2021, 04:39:37 PM »
Oh wow.
Only you is fantastic. Great job CaliaMoko. Brilliantly authentic.

Ce Mz - that's a great interpretation of Seven Nation Army. I think Jack White would approve.

PJ - Was I Don't want To Spoil The Party recorded in the 60s.  :D Totally nailed it.

Germ Free Adolescence - top tune - and top cover.

I will check out the rest.

Digger

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2021, 10:18:31 PM »
Thank you, @digger72 ! It was really fun to do.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2021, 06:58:36 PM »
Quick note just to say how much I enjoyed knocking up "Germ Free Adolescents" with @Morefrog Jones

I was bothering him about it when he was really out of fettle...but I'm really pleased we were able to get it done.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

subvibe

• Solo Gig
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2022, 08:21:48 PM »

Hi

The Only Cover I have done
Billie Eilish    My Future

http://subvibe.synology.me:5000/as/sharing/R4U0g5RQ/L211c2ljL0JpbGxpZSBNeSBGdXR1cmUubXAz

subvibe